Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sky Climbing Lentils

Aloha!
Welcome to da Beach



you can click on these photos:
I never tire of looking at Diamond Head, do you?
Mount Leahi (Brow of the Tuna)
got her modern name from British sailors
who found calcite crystals on her slopes, and believed them
DIAMONDS!




The path is sometimes steep, eh?




"Always continue the climb.

It is possible for you to do whatever you choose,

if you first get to know who you are

and are willing to work with a power

that is greater than ourselves to do it."



Ella Wheeler Wilcox







Now that's a SKY!


"A certain recluse,


I know not who,


once said that no bonds attached him to this life,


and the only thing he would regret leaving was the sky."



Kenko Yoshida





A Lenticular cloud is said to look like a lens.
The lens was so named,
because it resembled the
Lentil.


><>



Summer is the syllabus of silliness.



We like go beach!



As we say in Hawaii Pidgin. . . .




It's one thing to schedule a post,



and because I value our relationship



I like to keep the images and words flowing your way.



Of course, that is only a PART of the blog-life.



Reading You,




following YOUR adventures



is the unexpectedly Best Part



of the Blogosphere to me.



So on these days of Summer Idleness,



when I wander far from the World Wide Web,



know that you are in my thoughts;



even if I'm not in your COMMENTS



as often as usual.


Warm Aloha, my Friend! cloudia

ps: I hear that some of us have been NOT getting comments that
readers try to post. My policy is to wait for GOOGLE/BLOGGER
to fix stuff before I get too upset....they always seem to eventually.
Maybe they like go beach?

27 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi! I'm your newest follower from the Tuesday blog hop!!! Nice to meet you! Beautiful photos.

Hope you'll come visit & I'd love it if you'd follow back.
Lisa xoxo
Raising Future Leaders
http://raisingfutureleaders.blogspot.com

LadyFi said...

Oh, what wonderful photos. That fiery sky is simply stunning!

Cloudia said...

Thanks for coming by today and making my day!

Rosaria Williams said...

Oh yes, good attitude: maybe everyone like go beach. Smile!

Brian Miller said...

hey there...beautiful pics...yeah if i lived in your neck of the water...you would have a hard time pulling me off the beach...

aloha from VA!

SandyCarlson said...

Summer is a wonderful time. Thanks for this post. I am going to keep climbing, Cloudia.

Thanks for your thoughts on my tribute to my friend, too.

Cloudia said...

thank you! each of you

Anonymous said...

Your island owns certainly a beach/life, that one must be looking for to become. Please have a great Wednesday.

daily athens

DeniseinVA said...

Beautiful post Cloudia, those photos are great. I remember walking up to the top of Diamond Head on my last but one visit to Hawaii. I was doggedly determined and proud of myself when I got to the top. The views were and are outstanding!

I've been hearing about the blogging comment problems. I am on the receiving end right now with some bloggers, but as I found out when I was unable to make comments myself a few months back, it eventually got resolved.

W.C.Camp said...

That golden sunset sky shot is UNBELIEVABLE! Pretty prose too. Keep it up. W.C.C.

Teresa said...

I love lentils, even the ones in the sky!

Cloudia said...

Thanks!

Carol said...

Wonderful skies. Hawaii is on my short list of must-do's. I'm also getting interested in meeting fellow bloggers.

Feisty Crone said...

Such amazing photos and quotes, as always, Cloudia. Aloha!

Dinesh chandra said...

hi good post visit my blog.

regards
dinesh chandra

magiceye said...

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!!

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Aloha from Cyprus!

ma thet zin said...

So glad to see you post dear one.

Marguerite said...

Gorgeous skies and cloud! Yeah, another Blogger glitch. I had that problem, last night. Cie la vie! Aloha, cher!

Dinesh chandra said...

hi good sky how r u

g-man said...

Have you ever met this Bus Driver named Thom?

Junosmom said...

I like go beach, but don't have one so read about yours.

Daryl said...

What exquisite clouds!

Charles Gramlich said...

We can't forget there is a bigger web out there in the 'bio" sphere.

nonizamboni said...

Yum. . .lentils! I usually only see whipped cream when I watch clouds. But I digress: hope you are having a lazy, sandy, wonder-ful summer week, my friend.

Anonymous said...

I have come to you in many forms over the past year, this is the latest after a quick breather. Do you remember me? Perhaps just by my writing? Aloha my friend.

Cloudia said...

Haven't ridden on Thom's bus,
but haven't missed much else :)



Thank YOU each