Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Not Yet

A  L  O  H  A !

"How beautifully leaves grow old.
How full of light
and color 
are their last days.  "

George Burns











" I honestly think it is better
to be a failure at something you love 
than to be a success 
at something you hate.  "

George Burns

 










" If you ask
what is the single most important
key to longevity,
I would have to say 
it is avoiding worry, 
stress and tension. 
And if you didn't ask me,
I'd still have to say it.  "

George Burns


    > < } } ( ° >







My dear it's only lately
 I've realized that we two
too soon grow old
together
accrue.



Not so much for myself,
I readied that long ago,
and many women must learn
to live with ungovernable
foe.


But you my king,
my weather, my boy
indestructible 
for so long;
To witness your ripening
an entirely new hell-
oh that I could buy
another 20 years by some spell
at your zenith
no matter the cost,
or what it meaneth.


So promise me you'll linger
in the days of your demi-god 
flower.


Wait for me
together we'll go down
but later,
to that bower.

Not yet.

Not yet.

Please will our afternoon gold
to linger;
It took so long
to find this perfect
place.

Please kind lord
let me linger
to gaze upon this
face.

Thank You for the gift of your visit
your comments are appreciated
                                                                             WARMLY, cloudia

25 comments:

Dave King said...

The first quote from George Burns gets my vote.

Fireblossom said...

I've always just flat refused to apply my attention to anything I hate. it gets me in trouble sometimes, but that's me.

Daryl said...

Its hard to be good at something you dont care about

Charles Gramlich said...

If that is the secret to a long life I would appear to be in trouble.

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Excellent post today !

Green Monkey said...

I had no idea George Burns was so wise. Ahh...so nice to be here!

Kavita Saharia said...

The last quote I loved.Aloha.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

George Burns was adorable, I can just picture him talking, holding that cigar!! Not only very funny, but wise too what an amazing combination of talents!! Love what you've 'done' haha! to that first image Cloudia.

wenn said...

I love the picture of the sky.

Cloudia said...

Thanks friends!

nanny said...

Good quotes....George!!

bobbybegood1 said...

I loved George Burns. What a lovely poem for a true love. Wonderful post. Great choice of words of wisdom - as usual Cloudia. Cheers!!

Windsmoke. said...

The second George Burns quote gets my vote :-).

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

No truer words were ever spoken. Do what you love and you'll be a happy camper.

Have a fantastically blessed day sweetie!!! :o)

Lois Simon said...

I adore George Burns and Gracie Allen.

The second photo -- is that sand?

21 Wits said...

George always knows what to say and even when to say it....great wisdom again ...especially!!! in your closing today...it had such a lovely ring to it as well!

Anonymous said...

I didn't quite understand your words, Cloudia. But I loved the George Burns' quotes.

Myrna R. said...

Wish we could all linger in those days of gold, and look upon that face, that's growing old.

**
I've been fortunate to have done so much of what I loved, and still I'm discovering more. Nice post.

Pinecone Stew said...

I knew Mr. Burns was a wise-cracker, but never did I know his depth.

Sending love and white light to the islands!

Harry

SandyCarlson said...

Your post has me smiling and nodding and laughing and feeling grateful for you.

TALON said...

I loved the Burns' quote on success and failure, Cloudia. I believe he was completely right.

Rick said...

There's a lot of wisdom hidden in jest - and George was a master. The GB quote I like best is "If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself !"

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you. A lot.

Cloudia said...

Jolly! thanks SO much

Brian Miller said...

nice...thanks for pointing me back to your verse...it is very nice...

and nice quotes to go with it as well...aloha from va