Friday, April 20, 2012

A  L  O  H  A !


"He was a blogger, 
which is to say,
 he died known only
 to strangers."

Robert Brault


















" A book must be
 the ax
 for the frozen sea 
within us.  "

Franz Kafka






















" By believing
 passionately in something
 that still does not exist,
 we create it.

 The nonexistent
 is whatever
 we have not
 sufficiently desired.  "

Franz Kafka


                       > < } } (°>


Artists & artisans
are very particular 
about 
TOOLS.

Tools become worn
to our touch,
familiar
to our muscle memory.

Without them
we are but dreamers
without the means
to prove
our visions.

Blogger
is our tool;
A magical tool!

But if one night,
someone entered
Michelangelo's chapel
and replaced every
tool,
every pigment,
every brush,
every scaffold,
with DIFFERENT ones,
though they did
JUST the same,
well old Michael
would have known
how I felt
when I opened my
"workshop"
and Blogger had 
CHANGED
EVERYTHING.

Welcome to my first post.
Today I begin again.
Now WHERE
is that ''Preview" button?

 

Happy Hunting
my fellow Blogger-nistas.

It's gonna be

GREAT!

YOU been 'updated' yet?

        Warmly, cloudia 














20 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I have indeed been updated and am finding it very difficult. I cannot find the things I use often and it all looks different. I sadly fear that these changes were wrought by IT persons, not the mortals who will attempt to use them.

Akelamalu said...

I haven't noticed any changes so I don't think I've been updated yet.

Elephant's Child said...

I actually found a way to go back to the old blogger interface.
If you can find statistics on the right hand side of the screen there is a little wheel like icon. Clicking on it gives you the option to return to the familiar. Yay. Wobbly little dance.

the walking man said...

Play well in the tool box everything is there except direct feedback to Google with problems like things disappearing and also remember to check the SPAM folder for posts that are not spam.

Jeannie said...

I switched so long ago, I don't remember. To me, it's like getting a new dishwasher or mixer or other gadget that I didn't really need but received for one reason or another - it becomes familiar with use just like the old one that worked fine too.

Daryl said...

I've been working with Blogger in Draft for over a year and love all the updates finally working properly ..

Charles Gramlich said...

Tools and muscle memory. Some definite truths there.

Reanaclaire said...

I am updated and still learning how to go about it... :)
Happy Weekend!

Ruby said...

That was perfect description of the new interface. Lovely images and wonderful quotes! I am still getting adated to the change. Cheers, Ruby

21 Wits said...

Oh sadly yes! When short of blogging time, it makes the learning curve so hard to corner! Like everything, practice will make perfect sense of it! Right? I find too often that I'm reaching for the "take me back button" ha ha!

21 Wits said...

Truth be told, I'm finding some (please hit me on the head now thank you) ha ha.... things better this way. :)

FilipBlog said...

Love the green garden, very bright.

Greetings,
Filip

Cloudia said...

yes, by clicking on the little cog-wheel you CAN switch back.


yes, look at your SPAM from time to time.

Becomes familiar with use, yes!

Thanks friends!

Windsmoke. said...

I've been using the updated Blogger Interface for many, many months so far no problems yet :-).

DeniseinVA said...

I can't say I like change very much. I always feel like why mess with something that isn't broken. Before we know it, we'll be changed again, rats!!!!

Gemel said...

♥♥♥

blessings ♥

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

The new interface needs a liitle bit getting used to !!!!

Anonymous said...

Are those bright pink torch gingers? DrumMajor

SandyCarlson said...

That's a great post. I enjoyed the quotes, and then the blogger thoughts froze my blood. I am sorry you had the hassle.

You are great.

My Unfinished Life said...

love all the colorful images....fav is the 1st one!!!

http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/