Friday, April 22, 2016

Let's Petaluma

A  L  O  H  A !
"Petaluma is a transliteration of the 
Coast Miwok phrase péta lúuma 
which means hill backside[7][8] 
and probably refers to Petaluma's 
proximity to Sonoma Mountain.
Petaluma has a well-preserved, 
historic city center[9] which 
includes many buildings
that survived the 1906 
San Francisco earthquake."
                           Wikipedia















"We need solitude,
because when we're alone,
we're free from obligations, we 
don't need to put on a show,
and we can HEAR 
our own thoughts."
                            Tamin Ansary













A] "Art evokes the mystery 
without which the world 
would not exist."
                             Rene Magritte


 B] "When artists make art, 
they shouldn't question 
whether it is permissible to 
do one thing or another. "
                                       Sol LeWitt


C] "This world is but a canvas
 to our imagination. "
Henry David Thoreau



]][[

So Which Quote
do YOU Like
With the Photo?
               Your Pal Cloudia


17 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

lovely hillside cascade. couldn't choose a quote.

kaykuala said...

Would prefer C quote to the photo! One certainly sees the world as a painting in all of its colors blended nicely!

Hank

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It's a bit hard to choose Cloudia, I 100% agree with all three quotes!

Tom said...

hillside garden!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Lovely photos, and I would choose B with the photo.

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I would choose the Thoreau quote. Nice place!

Magia da Inês said...


Amei a primeira foto!

Bom fim de semana com tudo de bom!
Beijinhos.♬♪ه° ·.
💕ه° ·.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Cloudia, lovely images. The hillside shot is beautiful. I like all the quote but C "The world is a canvas" is my favorite. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

DeniseinVA said...

I don't think any birds will be landing on that parking sign :) Great photos and quotes Cloudia. Have a great day!

Cloudia said...

Thanks my friends

21 Wits said...

They're all great quotes although the art quotes resonate the most since I'm in the process of creating my piece for the Fine Arts this year, again. The process is like the journey for me. But your last photo is my favorite of all. Stunning and yet a bit mysterious too.

William Kendall said...

Thoreau and that last photo do it for me. Remarkable that this area had surviving buildings after that quake.

Bob Bushell said...

Everyone has it's own, love the pictures and the quotes.

RedPat said...

I'd probably go with C too, Cloudia!

Teresa said...

I like the post with all the quotes and the pictures the way you have them. You have a wonderful art for blog post composition, and of course, I am still pondering what the back side of a mountain or hill actually looks like. How does one know the back side from the front side? Positioning of mouths of caves???

magiceye said...

A :)

Namaste /\ from Mumbai
Aloha!!

Jenn Jilks said...

I like Thoreau!
Love those colours! We're still waiting for spring! aloha