Monday, June 3, 2019

Over The Rainbow in Waikiki

A  L  O  H  A !
"Don't leave Hawaii.
You can never come back."
That's what the 
local people say.












The lure of owning a home, 
of better wages, the heat. . . . 
It all tempts Hawaii residents
to go California, or 
Vegas, or Seattle.









But once you are there ,
Hawaii calls 
in a million and one ways. 
The warmth of her people, 
the technicolor skies and 
mountains,not to mention 
Hawaii's food and music!

All have a way of calling 
in your dreams
like a siren song.

I heard that song for almost 
four years in California.
And coming back ISN'T easy!

But today I write to you 
from my Waikiki
of almost 30 years. 

Home Again.











Brother IZ Surfboard

I will never leave my friends, 
family and islands again.
Welcome back!
We are in Waikiki together once again.
Truly. Somewhere over the rainbow.

Mahalo for your visit. 
You are MOST welcome here!




A  L  O  H  A
Pumehana






ㄎㄎㄎㄎㄎㄎㄎㄎㄎㄎㄎㄎㄎㄎㄎㄎㄘ
Thank YOU
Friend!
                Fondly, cloudia


17 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am so very happy you found a way to join your heart (which never left) again.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Hawaii is where your heart is! A gorgeous place to live and visit.

Enjoy your day, have a happy new week!

Teresa said...

Glad to know you made it home, although I will miss the NorCal lagoon shots!

Jenn Jilks said...

I am happy for you. What a change. All the best. It's cold, and raining here.

William Kendall said...

Welcome home!

Lady Fi said...

Welcome home!

RedPat said...

Hurray! You can go home again! ;-)

Mike said...

Welcome Pumehana. Make this really permanent. Go buy a burial plot.



Kaoci - And I like the name Bopomofo better than Zhuyin.

Cloudia said...

You are each so valued and appreciated! Remember to let me know when you're visiting so we can meet! 🌺

Hootin Anni said...

I have been to Oahu, and loved it. The tropics, the people, the sunsets, Everything. I even climbed Diamondhead. I wish I COULD call Hawai'i home.

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

I'm glad you went where your heart is.

Al said...

Hawaii is certainly an amazing place. It's good to find a place that's truly home - that's how I feel about Colorado, and I've never felt that way anywhere else.

Cloudia said...

Glad you found your Rocky Mountain High; and thanks each of you!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Yay.. home again 💜 Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful Hawaii through eyes that have been away but are now back where they were meant to be 💙💜🌺

Big Sky Heidi said...

I'm glad it's working out for you.

Linda said...

I'm glad you went back.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Welcome home!