Monday, August 24, 2020

Fools Never Do

 A   L   O   H   A !

Although our intellect 

always longs for 

clarity and certainty, 

our nature often 

finds uncertainty 

fascinating.

      Carl von Clausewitz






If ignorance is bliss, 

why aren't more 

people happy?

    English Proverb







Mural in a N. California Bar.
See the California Golden Bear?
Let's hold a good  thought for all
facing the big fires in that state.







Waikiki's Tiki Bars Are Empty

"Whoever drinks beer, 

he is quick to sleep; 

whoever sleeps long, 

does not sin; 

whoever does not sin, 

enters Heaven! Thus, 

let us drink beer!”

     Martin Luther







When a stranger 

is being a jerk,

You are 

for that moment 

their teacher. 

Don't take it personal. 

Laugh about it in 

the faculty lounge later.






A wise one changes 

their mind, a 

fool never will.

Spanish Proverb



տփիկխ


LOVE YOU!

                      cloudia & Pixie



Linking To

Monday Murals

From The Archives

The Good.Random.Fun.

AWWW Monday

Our World Tuesday

Travel Tuesday

Happy Tuesday

Pictorial Tuesday

My Corner Of The World

T Tuesday


24 comments:

Teresa said...

Martin Luther sure changed his mind... going from monk wearing a hair shirt and doing penance on cold stone floors to a beer-guzzling family man!! Pixie isn't sure if that's wisdom or not; she is trying to decide if she will change her mind about clawing your good furniture.

rupam sarma said...

Beautiful quotes.
Loved all pics.
Have a nice week ahead.

Elephant's Child said...

I hope with all my heart that the wildfires can be controlled. Quickly.

Mike said...

I think it's fascinating that uncertainty is certain.

RedPat said...

I love that first pic, Cloudia!

Sandee said...

Oh the fires here is awful. Hard to breathe and we've been staying inside for the most part. That only helps a bit, but still.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. ♥

William Kendall said...

The night shot is a stunner.

My name is Erika. said...

I love the tropical vibe to this mural. It is beautifully done.

Tamar SB said...

Great capture of the moon!

NCSue said...

So glad you stopped by to share at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/08/big-batch-quick-dinner-rolls.html

Linda said...

That's a colorful mural! I'm so glad my daughter is staying in New Jersey until things cool down in California. She can do this because she is working remotely.

Mae Travels said...

I'm with you in worrying and sympathizing with the Californians who are displaced from their homes with nowhere to go and be safe from the pandemic. What a nightmare!

Nice quotes!

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Sami said...

Great night picture, quotes and picture of Pixie of course.
The mural is beautiful Cloudia, thanks for contributing.

My name is Erika. said...

And I'll remember that quote about beer too. Happy T day also!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos this week, Cloudia. Loved the bear and that moon, too. I agree that I'm worried about those in the path of the fires, so I'm glad you pointed that out. Thanks so much for sharing these great shots and quotes with us for T this Tuesday. Pixie is in rare form this week, too.

LA Paylor said...

don't take it personally... yes... a worthy goal but hard to do. LeeAnna

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the ignorance is bliss quote lol Happy T Tuesday!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such fabulous proverbs and photos, they really made me smile 😀. Wishing you a very happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Kate Yetter said...

Beautiful pictures and I love that ignorance is bliss quote.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

DVArtist said...

Oh great post. Love the photos. Yes, CA is in a bad way. I am a beer drinker so I guess I will go to heaven. OK, let me clarify. I drink maybe 1 a day. LOL. Have a very nice evening.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic moon photo. Nice assortment of photos and quotes. Happy Belated T-Day!

Meggymay said...

Super proverbs and photos. Belated T day wishes, have a good week.
Yvonne

Karen said...

Beautiful photos and quotes ~ Enjoy your week

CJ Kennedy said...

I enjoyed the quotes and photos especially the drink beer, sleep, you won't sin and will get to heaven. 😺Happy T Day