Sunday, November 8, 2020

Decency, Democracy & JOY

 A   L   O   H   A  !

Kamala Harris in the footsteps of Ruby Bridges as the child
was painted by iconic American artist Norman Rockwell

A million miles of journey 

starts with a foot stamp.

  oladosu feyikogbon











The only way to prevent 

your problems from 

jubilating over you is 

to confront them head to head 

with the singular hope 

that they will be defeated!

 Israelmore Ayivor














Morning Light in the Sub-Tropical City






















Happiness is a direction, 

not a place.

        Sydney J. Harris













The true secret of happiness 

lies in the taking a 

genuine interest in all 

the details of daily life.

William Morris

















The supreme 

happiness of life is the 

conviction that 

we are loved.

 Victor Hugo.














😃

Love You,

             Cloudia & Pixie

11 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

From this side of the world I breathed a deep sigh of relief at your election results. Empathy and decency speak a great deal more loudly to me than their opposites.
And thank you for the beautiful illustrations to this joyful post.

Teresa said...

Glorious post! I enjoyed the song, and I LOVE Pixie snuggled up with her love babies.

Mike said...

I'm going to take a deep breath and hold it until Jan 20 starting right now.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

LOVE the image of Kamala Harris. This is fabulous. I'm truly breathing a sigh of relief and joy for my country. You depicted it so well, dear Cloudia. And Pixie looks quite content, too.

MadSnapper said...

That is a beautiful picture at the beginning I do love that the child Kamala and the adult Kamala walking side-by-side. All the quotes are so true. And I love all your beautiful photos

magiceye said...

Beautiful captures and thoughtful words.

RedPat said...

Love the post and you guys!

Kay said...

I love that first photo of Kamala. I'm so glad there weren't a lot of Trump supporters protesting at Honolulu's capitol building. They should be ashamed of themselves.

21 Wits said...

Aloha Cloudia, I adore that photo of Kamala and her child shadow, my niece posted it yesterday, which once I heard the news for real was the best day ever! Biden and Harris win! Thank goodness, and now America can become as great as it was and better than the last for years of the trump fiasco!

21 Wits said...

I feel like a ton of bricks have been lifted off my weary heart and soul!

William Kendall said...

that bird is a lovely little one.