Friday, May 24, 2024

Kindness and Tenacity

A L O H A From Honolulu!


Hope will never be silent. 
Harvey Milk 

A man who changed the world
through kindness and tenacity,
making friends not enemies.
Today's "activists" could learn
MUCH from his Wise Aloha





Fiery words quick and dark
Leave a wound that lingers and sparks. Silent long breath, a moment to take, Mends the bridge
before it breaks.
Cloudia Charters




Pink! Oh Pink!
Tell me, dear friend
What do YOU think?





People often say, with pride, I'm not interested in politics. They might as well say, I'm not interested in my standard of living, my health, my job, my rights, my freedoms, my future or any future. If we mean to keep any control over our world and lives, we must be interested in politics.
Martha Gellhorn


I will not follow where

the path may lead, but

I will go where there is no path,

and I will leave a trail. Muriel Strode



𐭾𐭾𐭾𐭾𐭾𐭾𐭾𐭾𐭾𐭾𐭾𐭾𐭾𐭾𐭾

Love You,
Cloudia &
"Friday Girl" Pixie
[ She says to call her ' Friday Girl' today! ]


𐭾𐭿




Two Smiles - Island Smiles
Flowers in your hair
Happy Friday Smiles!
And All That That We 
Love To Share 😊



Harvey Bernard Milk was born May 22, 1930 
He might have been 90 this week.
Assassinated at age 48, November 27, 1978

21 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Martha Gelhorn is right. Sadly.
Hi to you and Friday Girl. I hope you both have a wonderful weekend.

Andrew said...

Very wise words from Martha Gellhorn, and I expect I'll use them one day.

Cloudia said...

Enjoyed reading you both. Thanks!

William Kendall said...

Friday Girl requires a nap.

s.c said...

Now if words could just be translated into action even then it's about what they mean.

Tom said...

...I hope that she doesn't trip!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Wise words, I agree with Martha Gellhorn's quote.
Friday Girl looks adorable as always.
Take care, have a great day and happy weekend.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, Cloudia!

Barbara Rogers said...

Definitely keeping Harvey Milk's quote, thanks. Smiles and flowers in one's hair are great! Pats on the head to Friday's Girl, and hopes your weekend is just right!

RedPat said...

Wise words today, Cloudia. ;-)

John A Hill said...

Kindness that won't quit -- that's a good way to be.
And every day is better with a little Fleetwood Mac. Thanks.

magiceye said...

Love your photography and poetry!

Kathy G said...

The 'fiery words' speak to me today.

Anvilcloud said...

It's not easy to find a balance between fiery words and taking such a long breath that you miss your opportunity to speak.

Cloudia said...

We so enjoyed lingering over these great comments today. I want to thank each of you very much for looking in. Aloha

James said...

I love the pic of the woman wearing the Tiare flower in her hair. It reminds me of my favorite airline Air Tahiti Nui.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I love those island smiles!

Cloudia said...

Glad you two!!

Jim said...

The smile made me smile.

Mike said...

I've never seen that original version of "Go Your Own Way". They certainly improved on it over the years.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Pink flowers with raindrops on them, sign me up!!