Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Just Stop And Take A Breath


Aloha!


Thanks for stopping by


WAIKIKI


Today!




Stop for a moment...









Take a breath...
...Then take another...






"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook."
- William James





"Progress is like walking on a rolling barrel."
- Robert Frost













"Sometimes the first duty of intelligent persons is the restatement of the obvious."


- George Orwell




As children we were pushed to perform; and so most of us have internalized the habit of over-riding our innate temperment. We are strangers to ourselves; never having learned to know, value, and work along with our natural inclinations. . . our GIFTS! That's why life can seem like a "to do" list instead of a pleasure. No wonder we're often exhausted. . . It is the very thing that we seek to be rid of, that thing we are ashamed of, that is calling us back to the path of healing, to our sweet, original selves. If we simply stop running. If we look at it and bear with it patiently. . . treasure will emerge. . . the treasure of your unique nature. . .


A L O H A ! cloudia

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!

icloudia said...

MMMMMMMM.
Interesting

gigi-hawaii said...

CC, that is why I am soooo glad I am retired from all those awful clerical jobs I had to endure.

Life is sweeter when one is allowed to pursue it at one's own pace.

Anonymous said...

hula dog!

Kay said...

You are beautiful, Cloudia.

Carol said...

Hi! I'm having a little trouble w/you on my blogroll, I had to re-enter you because it didn't want to keep up w/your latest blog. Now I came over expecting something titled Diversity/Islam. Sigh, it's a long way from here to Hawaii! I'll keep paddling.

Teresa said...

I had the same problem Carol did. But I loved the pictures and today's thoughts. I also loved the part in Google Reader about diversity and Islam.

carmilevy said...

I always feel better after reading one of your perspectives. You are a unique and gifted soul.

Cloudia said...

Gosh, Kay and Carmi thank you both for the encouragement! Amazing.

Teresa and Carol: Yes, there seems to be a problem with my blog ;-(
YIKES!!!!!!!

My sheduled posts aren't posting; usually they go out at midnight!

Now you seem to be having trouble on blogroll and reader. How do I complain or let blogger know?

Glad you come visit!
Hawaii Islam post is for tomorrow and was inadvertantly published momentarily by my mistake. I'm learning so much every day. This is fun! You folks are unbelieveable!
Warm Aloha

Maria Verivaki said...

i needed this quote for today to get me through a large workload - just stop and take a breath
thanks

Dina said...

I hope you are right, Wise Cloudia.

Love that doggie in the hula skirt. :)

Barrie said...

What is that plant?

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful perspective. Thanks Cloudia. (Gorgeous photos)

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! -- My hopeful perception of the slower, calmer Hawaii is wrapped up in that really laid back weiner dog. Aloha, DrumMajor

claude said...

Skies in Hawaï are always beautiful.
Il like the plant but what is it ?

magiceye said...

thank you for those breathless moments!

namaste /\
aloha!

the walking man said...

The key is in recognizing what you have within that is yours and not wanting to be anything different.

Bubblewench said...

Love that dog picture! I have found that patience really is one of the best things to have. It's not always easy, but it makes things much better!

Great post as always!

Aloha!

Daryl said...

I love those clouds and the puppy is so sweet .. he/she was really posing for you .. eye contact!

Aloha, sis!

Deborah Godin said...

That top photo of the floating sky is just unearthly (no pun intended!) beautiful!!

(p.s. I could NOT put your book down yesterday, it's SO good! Will finish it tonight, can't wait to immerse myself again. And it makes you words and photos here come even more alive!)

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Well, I finally made it over here. Lovely pictures and that dog is so sweet. I don't know, maybe I need to really move--to Hawaii! Just kidding, sounds nice, but my kids and grands are here in California.