Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Waikiki from the Water

A L O H A!
click on photos to smell the surf Looking out at the sunset.
All Ted Trimmer photos today!

“The sky broke like an egg into full sunset
and the water caught fire.”
Pamela Hansford Johnson

Waikiki looks beautiful from out on the water.



"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
Jimi Hendrix



"A clever man commits no minor blunders."
- Goethe



Here is the Royal Hawaiian Hotel.
During WWII, Japanese subs would lurk here in the shallows
listening to the music wafting from the hotel.



"When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
George Washington Carver


A drop of water on the lens.
Who cares?!

“Don't you realize that the sea is the home of water? All water is off on a journey unless it's in the sea, and it's homesick, and bound to make its way home someday”
Zora Neale Hurston



Today I am performing a wedding out on the Windward side of Oahu!
Please enjoy these photos by Ted Trimmer with my good wishes.

Aloha, Friends! Cloudia

18 comments:

the walking man said...

May you find the words to bless them that they may ever remember why they are coming before you.

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Great quotes going with the beautiful photographs :)

Building a New Home

SandyCarlson said...

I enjoyed all of that, including the ZNH quote that reminded me what a brilliant writer she is. I hope the wedding goes well.

Anne said...

Beautiful photo...:)
I love the first one.

Fireblossom said...

I love the quote about the sky breaking like an egg! All of the photos of the water make me want to just slide in and float home. ;-)

Charles Gramlich said...

Methinks Goethe was overcompensating.

Daryl said...

How fabulous to have you officiate at a wedding ... hard to imagine anyone more loving joining a couple in love ...

wenn said...

ya..knowledge speaks..

Sandee said...

I love the photos very much. Makes me want to hop on a plane and head over for a little R&R.

Have a great time at the wedding. Big hug. :)

Marguerite said...

Wish I was there, wedding and all. Have a great day, Gal Pal! Aloha!

Akelamalu said...

Oh a wedding in Hawaii - it conjours up a lovely picture. :)

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Love the photos. That hotel looks like a place I'd want to stay, I love history. Creepy to think of the Japanese subs lurking. And the Hurston quote makes me want to revisit a novel or two. I just learned that FDR administration paid her to write. Interesting.

You perform weddings--how amazing. Hope all goes well, I love September weddings.

Cloudia said...

Thanks for your visits and good wishes. You folks really make my day lovely!

I'll let you know about the wedding - maybe even post some pics (though tomorrows post will be set to go today before I head up there).

Thanks for your expressions of confidence in my officiating. It's SUCH a privlege! For those who are unaffiliated, humanist, same-sex, or alienated from churches altogether, I'm the
"alterna-Rev."

Thanks again for wishing them (and me!) well for a lovely wedding by the sea.

Aloha!

Teresa said...

I loved today's post, Cloudia. The pictures are gorgeous. Congratulations on being an "alterna-rev". It sounds fun!

Barbara Martin said...

The last photo is awesome, Cloudia!

Nancy said...

Now I'm missing that wonderful warm salt water.

Kay said...

Beautiful words of advice, Cloudia.

Cloudia said...

Thanks!