Sunday, October 4, 2009

Recuperating From Saturday

A L O H A!
What a Saturday It Was!
You're gonna want to click on photos :) Lions Being Brought to Life! They are watching
the Dragon chase the pill of immortality.



This thrills me anytime, anywhere.
Happy Autumn Moon Festival.
But I'm getting ahead of myself. . .




Uusually I'm driving past.
But yesterday I had time to really LOOK
at Makiki Christian Church (See yesterday's post for info).






Why look at this ornate interior.


But the festival was outside; Here I come!



"It's no accident that the church and the graveyard stand side by side. The city of the dead sleeps encircled by the city of the living."
Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider



These folks are proud to make Andagi (Japanese donuts)
just like grandma used to make.
They ran out early;
luckily I got one of the last bags :)



I didn't even know that the church had a courtyard,
but it was full of food &
fun yesterday!



"Cherish your own emotions and never undervalue them."
Robert Henri


Then I went to the Splendor of China Trade Show & Festival
just a few blocks away.


I was JUST in time to see the lions brought to life to dance and open the event. (Top photo)


Great timing again, blog girl!




















"There is nothing new under the sun
but there are lots of old things we don't know."
Ambrose Bierce

After which, I crossed King street to Thomas Square to
attend the InterTribal Pow Wow just in time to catch this
Wolf Dance by the Suquamish People of Alaska.





Your visit today is so very appreciated. . .
But I need to lay down for a while now.
L O L :)
A L O H A! Cloudia

21 comments:

wenn said...

wow..dragon dance is fantastic..

Anonymous said...

Oh, Wow, another special adventure with Cloudia! The rolladex in your mind is chock full of wonderful items. You make every view so meaningful! Have some rest before you share more chapters from your busy Saturday. I'd need a Segway to keep up with your walkin'! It's so nice to see people encouraged to share their differences. Gosh, I wouldn't miss my Okie upbringing with PowWows in Paradise!

Mahalo, DrumMajor

Teresa said...

Way cool pictures, Cloudia. Love the lions and dragons and donuts and ceilings and pow wow dancers (I bet they love being in Hawaii instead of frosty cold Alaska).

Anonymous said...

The church - excellent architecture.

the walking man said...

The church was nice and the dancing good but DONUTS...mmmm!

Gemma Wiseman said...

So much excitement packed into one day! Lots to see and do! Love the photos!

Fireblossom said...

....Listen, woman, your blog is simply a DELIGHT!

Lions being brought to life! A wolf dance and pretty Chinese girls in silk dresses! And Japanese donuts!

I am agog! :-)

Hilary said...

That looks like a wonderful, colourful event. I'm glad that you and your camera were there.. so that we could see it too.

Daryl said...

What a wonderful day you had .. thank you for sharing .. aloha! xo

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Beautiful and lovely shot !! Fantastic post !! Nice one..

The Grandpa said...

What a great day. Thanks for taking us along. Aloha, Cloudia.

Charles Gramlich said...

they've got several fesitvals going on here at the moment but none as cool as this. I'd love to try out the food.

Friko said...

all your posts are so full of life and colour, you never miss.
I imagine your life always being lived at full force, almost breathlessly. I don't think i could keep up with you but it is a wonderful window on a world which I have never experienced.
Aloha, girl.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Looks like way tooo much fun!
<><

Feisty Crone said...

What a fantastic church! I hope you get a good rest, Cloudia :)

Anonymous said...

Aloha and kisses.

SandyCarlson said...

These are gorgeous shots. What an adventure. I want to pay more attention to the moon next year. A gorgeous festival. I realize reading this how poorly connected I am to the natural world around me.

Cloudia said...

Thanks my bloggy buds!
Check out the other folks in this forum and you will be blown away by the talent that visits here. But please save some time to swing by da spiral...it wouldn't be the same without you.....

seriously, I'm pleased and humbled by your generous comments!

Unknown said...

Oh, my dear and delightful Cloudia. Hi!!!!

I enjoyed seeing the quote from Robert Henri. He painted pretty pictures. Artists' quotes are especially interesting to me, since their medium is visual. It's cool to get some words!

The donuts sound interesting. How was it?? :-) Hugs

Lana Gramlich said...

Look like fun, yet again!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

My mother used to say that there was nothing new under the sun. Looks like you had a power-packed day, Cloudia. So multi-cultural! My sister is an anthropologist and an expert on the native peoples of the Northwest, so I immediately recognized the Alaskan mask.