Monday, October 5, 2009

Thank YOU Bloggers

A L O H A
Friends!
click-da-photo :)
Palm Shadow Path



“There are no foreign lands.
It is the traveler only who is foreign.”
Robert Louis Stevenson






Pink Pleasure




“Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again;
we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.”
Jack Kerouac





What's Over the Next Hill?
Ted Trimmer Photo



“A journey is like marriage.
The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.”
John Steinbeck





“No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel
until he comes home
and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” –
Lin Yutang



Mahalo, Danke, Merci, Salamat, Kahmsamneda, Arrigato. . .




Thank YOU, Bloggers
for taking my far-seeking mind
winging around this world
to land in your own distinct neighborhoods.




You show me real life
that tourists never meet.
For I live in the Shangri la
of Hawaii's magic realm:
Waikiki,
and fear that-
should I leave-
some rift in reality,
terrorism,
financial collapse,
could prevent my homecoming;




So I remain here.
And should the cleft
of sky & sea
heal over,
I'll be safely here:
Sealed in Island intimacy.




So
Thanks EACH of You
for showing me
a world apart
of hearts
that are close.
A L O H A, Cloudia

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks 2u2.

Anonymous said...

You are most welcome. Greetings from The LoveTel!

Wil Harrison.com

Friko said...

You are so welcome.
But under one condition: that you go on showing us shangri-la as you experience it.
Aloha from this grey island.

Fireblossom said...

....I was thinking about this the other day. It was only about five years ago that I started to hear the word "blog" and had to ask somebody what it meant.

People's blogs open a whole world...photos of places they live or have been, their thoughts about their lives or issues at large, and a display of all sorts of talents I would likely otherwise have missed. I love blogs!

And that's not to mention the friendships and more that have come my way because of my own blog. Amazing.

the walking man said...

You are where your journey ended because that was your journey's end. You still had to walk to get there and we all are rewarded for walking 'til the end of the journey.

Daryl said...

Thank YOU for making my mornings sunnier .. Aloha!

Charles Gramlich said...

I agree with the pillow one. How nice to rest your head on your own pillow.

Reader Wil said...

It sounds more like a farewell! I thank you too for your visits and wise quotations.

wenn said...

ya..it's beautiful to travel even though we feel fired after that..

Dianne said...

you always make me smile :)

Hilary said...

That's such a sweet sentiment. Thank YOU for bringing your beautiful part of the world into my home.

Teresa said...

Thanks for bringing the Hawaii to us, Cloudia. I have gotten addicted to a little slice of Aloha every day!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I am always honored when you stop by my blog. And i echo Teresa's comment, we have become addicted to a slice of Aloha everyday here on comfort spiral! Never underestimate the power of your posts to uplift and enhance someone else's day.

Anonymous said...

Ah, "addicted" to Hawaii you are, and so are we. But once you rest up a bit, venture out to another island trip. Your boat-home will still be there. I'm still surprised how many locals have never left their particular island. They told me, "why should we?" DrumMajor

Dina said...

Blog trips are the best; you can have your head on your own pillow every night.
When I was on the road for 11 years but still within (not always easy) reach of e-mail, I'd say: "Home is where you hang your @ ."

Aloha Cloudia.

Anonymous said...

Talking about hearts - still remember the sound of the ultra-sound, hearing the beating of my son's heart...
Love the 'pillow'quote, as many times I'm already happy in the morning, while leaving, because I know that I'll return in the evening, sharing for a few hours a pillow with me son.
A wonderful heart-filled week for you.

FA said...

Well said, Cloudia...and the pleasure is all mine. God bless.

Kay said...

Sending you lots of love, Cloudia.

Cloudia said...

Thank you EACH one ;)