Saturday, November 4, 2017

A Fact, A Truth, A Wonder

A  L  O  H  A !
 Red-crested cardinal
Also known as the Brazilian Cardinal, 
it was introduced 
to Hawaii circa 1930 
from South America.
This species belongs in 
the family of the tanagers. 
Scientific name: Paroaria coronata
Higher classification: Paroaria
Phylum: Chordata
Order: Passerine
Rank: Species
Family: Thraupidae





 "If you don't mind throwing 
tennis balls for eternity, 
I do have an opening 
in doggie heaven. "
Angel at St. Peter's Gate, 
to a man seeking admittance
Frank and Ernest comic strip










"The first act of awe, 
when man was struck 
with the beauty or wonder 
of Nature, was the 
first spiritual experience."
                           Henryk Skolimowski   



Linking to



ⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵥⵣ
Thank YOU
Friend!
                    Fondly, cloudia

16 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Nature is an incredible artist isn't she?

Mike said...

I'm ready to throw a ball forever.

biebkriebels said...

I like that doggie with his ball!

kaykuala said...

They are all beautiful critters!

Hank

Adam said...

I wish we had cardinals like that here

Cloudia said...

Thanks Dears <3

eileeninmd said...

Hello Cloudia, the Red-crested Cardinal is beautiful. Lovely photos, I like the cute dog too.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

A Colorful World said...

That red breasted cardinal is just stunning! It looks at home with its exotic coloration to be in Hawaii! Cute little pup, too.

Rajesh said...

Very lovely bird.

William Kendall said...

A colourful cardinal!

What a sweet doggie!

RedPat said...

That Cardinal is a delight as is the pup - I would throw the ball all day for it! ;-)

Sandi said...

I should probably Google this instead, but I’ll just ask you. Was the cardinal named after Cardinals or was it the other way around? Or do they have nothing to do with eachother at all?

Teresa said...

I love that dog with the ball in its mouth.

Linda said...

Incredible-looking cardinal!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've never heard of that Cardinal but how showy and beautiful! Love your post! Hugs!

Cloudia said...

I believe the bird was around before the bull Club but don't quote me on that. Thanks for visiting everybody