Saturday, June 15, 2024

A Discovering

A L O H A From Honolulu!


Anyone can slay a dragon...
but try waking up every morning
and loving the world all over again.
That's what takes a real hero.
  Brian Andreas


The more you walk,
the better you feel.
The more you lift, the
more muscle you build.
The more you get outside,
the happier you are.
The more hard things you do,
the easier your life becomes.
Walk. Lift. Get outside.
Do hard things.
This is the way.
James DiNicolantonio 



  Samoan Drummers  Link

 I have never started
a poem yet whose end I knew. Writing a poem
is discovering. Robert Frost

Click on the link above!


Red-Crested Cardinal / Brazilian Cardinal

It's not what you 
look at that matters,
it's what you see.
         Thoreau



You should conduct 
yourself in life 
as at a feast.
      Epictetus


Life is a banquet
and most poor suckers
are starving to death!
 Rosalind Russell
in AUNTIE MAME (1958)


𐬘𐬘𐬘𐬘𐬘𐬘𐬘𐬘𐬘𐬘𐬘𐬘𐬝

Love You,
Pixie & Cloudia


Links

Saturday Critters

Jaipur Garden Affair




17 comments:

Kay said...

I love your sun rays. I've always loved that quote from Auntie Mame.

Elephant's Child said...

That Thoreau quote is my favourite today. Thank you.

roentare said...

Love all the quotes today. They reset my soul

Tom said...

...keep discovering.

LoveT. said...


Wish you a nice weekend

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Robert Frost is spot on about how a poem develops. I loved all your photos today, Cloudia. Blessings!

RedPat said...

Love the quotes today and that red Hibiscus, Cloudia. ;-)

William Kendall said...

The cardinal is striking.

Teresa said...

That video looks really fun! Pixie says, "What? Life is a feast? Where is my unlimited supply of tuna treats?" Thanks for the morning smorgasbord of fun.

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful post, Cloudia!
Wise words, more walking and get outside.
Love your sweet Pixie, the Cardinal and the Geese.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Anvilcloud said...

That is probably true about a lot of poetry.

s.c said...

Nice quote about that dragon.

Bill said...

I love Robert Frost's quote, he is so right.

Mae Travels said...

You always find perfect quotes for your photos and perfect photos for your quotes.
best,mae at maefood.blogspot.com

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful quotes and photos ~ Pixie is the best one ~ hugs,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Yvonne said...

Hello Pixie and Cloudia,
I love the Robert Frost quote about writing poetry. I find it true about poetry and pretty much all other writings as well. The Red-Crested Cardinal is beautiful. Wishing you a lovely rest of the week.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What beautiful quotes. I know I am happier when I spend time outside and I love the challenge of learning something new!