Thursday, September 26, 2024

Eye Demand

A L O H A From Honolulu!
The health of the eye seems to demand a horizon. We are never tired, so long as we can see far enough. Ralph Waldo Emerson




When I use a word...
it means just what I
choose it to mean – 
neither more nor less.
 Lewis Carroll
Humpty Dumpty, in Through The Looking Glass





Anything done out of fear,
is a prayer to the devil.
  Anonymous





Civilization is just
a slow process of
learning to be kind.
Charles L. Lucas



There is an eagle in me
that wants to soar,
and there is a
hippopotamus in me
that wants to wallow
in the mud.
  Carl Sandburg

ᏬᏬᏬᏬᏬᏬᏬᏬᏬᏬᏬᏬ
Love You,
Cloudia & Pixie





13 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Civilisation by that definition is moving toooo slowly for me.

Anvilcloud said...

I like both the Carroll and Lucas quotes.

eileeninmd said...

Great photos an quotes. I think I would rather be an eagle soaring than a hippo in the mud. Take care, have a great day!

s.c said...

Good quotes and that horizon photo. Great work again.

Barbara Rogers said...

I love the capture of Pixie doing her bathing routine.

RedPat said...

Nice quotes and I love the pink Hibiscus, Cloudia. ;-)

Kathy G said...

The Anonymous quote really speaks to me today.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Aww! Pixie sure brightened my day, Cloudia. Blessings!

Gillena Cox said...

Aloha
my Thursday post is
mine is HERE

much♡love

Teresa said...

Pixie looks like she's in hippopotamus mode in that picture! Cool post today.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wonderful quotes and photos!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love your hibiscus and the quotes!!

Rostrose said...

This is another super adorable photo from Pixie, dear Cloudia - and so many good quotes and photos! 🥰
All the best, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/09/weltreise-2024-sw-usa-roadtrip-teil-1.html