Friday, April 3, 2009

Sunsets

Click on Photos to enlarge!

“Sunsets are so beautiful that they almost seem as if we were looking through the gates of Heaven.”
John Lubbock




“Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.”
Henry Rollins



“If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with God.”
G. K. Chesterton




“Once I saw a chimpanzee gaze at a particularly beautiful sunset for a full 15 minutes, watching the changing colors [and then] retire to the forest without picking a pawpaw for supper.”
Adriaan Kortlandt

“How strange this fear of death is! We are never frightened at a sunset.”
George MacDonald
May these sunsets paint your day with calm optimism. We made it through another week. Let us rest & recreate. Easter resurrection, Passover liberation, and daffodil silliness await us!
Aloha, Friends, Cloudia

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Each sunset has sunrise for sure.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Glorious sunset glows, especially that last photo!

the walking man said...

The most interesting sunsets I ever witnessed were also the most odd...in Key West the crowd that gathers on the pier at the very south end of the island breaks out in applause. I never got that until the first time I realized what a small event the sunset is in the grander scheme of the cosmos.

It is after all the little things that make a large life.

SandyCarlson said...

They did just that. You are what the doctor ordered, Cloudia!

Daryl said...

Happy Friday ...aloha!

Anonymous said...

Stunning! I'm just starting my day and what a way to do it. Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

I know we only have a budding friendship and I hope this doesn't end it--- but I tagged you. (Your blog is too good not to share every chance I get)

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Cloudia: What beautiful captures of the beauty of Hawaii. You have a wonderful place to capture great photos.

Charles Gramlich said...

That Chimpanzee story is pretty fascinating.

Deborah Godin said...

Loved the paragraph about the monkey gazing at the sunset sky! We are so like them...

Feisty Crone said...

I'm zoning out here, thanks to you. After a long day of work, your photos inspire me to let go of work and begin to enjoy my weekend. Thanks!

Cloudia said...

Hobo Aloha

Gemma; Why thank you, artist!

Walking Man:
"It is after all the little things that make a large life." WoW

Sandy: Gee, THANKS, Sistah.

Daryl: Yeeee HaWWWW!!

Tricia: Very Cool, Dear.

Fishing Guy: Thanks! When I get a newer computer (and OS!) I wanna join YOUR skies meme!

Charles: Yes. Makes one wonder.

Deborah, too, wonders at the humanity of beauty loving chimps!

Gran: That is a lovely complement. I shall be "high" on these sweet comments all day!

Aloha & Mahalo, FRIENDS!

magiceye said...

......beautiful........!!!!

namaste /\
Aloha!

claude said...

Magnificent photos, Cloudia !
AHOLA !