Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Summer Wool Gathering

Aloha, friends!!
Click on photos to enlarge
"I never liked the middle ground - the most boring place in the world.
Louise Nevelson



"If you genuinely have something to say, there is someone
who genuinely needs to hear it."
Arnold Patent



"Life is getting up one more time than you have been knocked down"
John Wayne




Recently, fossilized bones that are thousands of years old, have been found here on Oahu. They tell of giant flightless geese (with 6 foot wingspans) who once lived on an island very different from the one we see today.
To the slow growing trees, we are just a blur. The ancient mountains have barely noticed our presence yet.
Some days I'm just a flightless bird
preening my useless wings. . . . .
A L O H A, Cloudia


16 comments:

icloudia said...

I know just how you feel!

Sandee said...

I loved the get up one more time than you've been knocked down. Right on the money.

Have a terrific day. :)

Teresa said...

Great quotes today. Keep getting up every time you get knocked down...

Heff said...

I lyke that there waterfall, Mmmm Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

you should show your excellent novel on this blog!
i.g.

DeniseinVA said...

Great photos, great quotes, great post. Fascinating about the fossils of the bird. I love looking at the ones at the natural history museum. It's hard to imagine anything that old! Hope you are having a great week, Aloha!

Anonymous said...

As always-- great quotes and great photos. I was in need of both-- thanks. Aloha.

The Grandpa said...

Your wings are far from useless as you carry us all along with you on your flights through the woners that are Hawaii.

Aloha, moloi`eheme, Cloudia.

Charles Gramlich said...

Islands have often been a haven for flightless birds.

Carol said...

You are SO smart! I just coughed up 50 cents (didn't there used to be a 'cent' sign on a typewriter key?) @the library for a 2000 edition of Fodors for Hawaii. Just wanted to be close to you, I'm working my way up to your book!

Cloudia said...

I love seeing you folks here!!
Thank You

claude said...

Skies of Hawaï lokk like skies above my garden.
I like all these pictures.
Aloha, Cloudia !

Elizabeth said...

Greetings from New York

Sara said...

Cloudia,

I loved that your first picture was of clouds. It's fitting given your name:~)

I agree with the others about the quotes and I really liked what The Grandpa said...that was really nice.

Thanks for sharing your Hawaii with me:~)

Cloudia said...

Jolly!!

Barbara Martin said...

How can the archeologists who found these geese be so certain they were flightless? Many of the facts on history and fossils are only theory. We should search the infinite knowledge in our souls to find the truth.