Monday, July 27, 2009

Paddle Girl

Aloha!
Welcome to Waikiki!



Don't worry.
No one will be paddled in this post! -
Goodbye Wil, Heff, & Bama Trav;-)



We're talking about kayak paddling, silly!
That's my baby, right by the hatch (door to you) for a quick getaway when blogging gets too intense.


Join us out there!



See the reflection of me taking this picture?




Time To GO!


I hadn't used my kayak in over a year!
Now I go out almost every day.



It's peaceful on the water, and I get to see my home
from a different perspective than usual.




Out there,
I like to sing nonsense songs to myself,
or think about things I've read that day;
perhaps something I saw on YOUR blog.




On my first voyage after so long, I saw a sea turtle!
The head broke the water just in front of me,
and we met eye to eye.
"Where have you been all this time?!"
was the message I got.
And he was right!
What's more important than
this?




*+*
"Show up! Be enthusiastic!
Put some energy into the life you're living now!
How will anyone ever be impressed by your star-like quality if you're waiting to cultivate that quality until you become a star?"
Marianne Williamson
A L O H A! Cloudia



24 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Mr. Turtle is really out there lookin' for your spirit to come out and play! Delightful! DrumMajor

Brother Tobias said...

Snap, Cloudia. I have just had mine out on the Royal Military Canal. Pushing through the lily pads, small frogs repeatedly leapt aboard for a ride. There is joy in a kayak, but mainly when going solo. When two-up, the Social Secretary and I tend to go round in circles.

magiceye said...

way to go!

namaste /\
aloha!

Junosmom said...

I would like to come kayaking with you. Sounds peaceful.

Dina said...

Good onya, girl!

Teresa said...

How totally cool to meet a sea turtle face to face!!! I love the last quote in your post. Good advice for me today.

Sandee said...

I love being out on the water, but you already know that. I'm not so sure about paddling around though. Good exercise, but it's so very hot right now.

Have a terrific day. Hugs. :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you kid-- keep it up. Great advice you give and I'm working on following. Thanks Cloudia.

Love the shots-- especially the first one.

Charles Gramlich said...

Judging from the videos I've seen lately of folks trying to kayak over water falls I think the whole tribe may be a bit teched. ;)

Anonymous said...

Have I asked you if you know Kala? Their blog hasn't had anything posted for a long time. Honolulu Daily Photo. They are also into paddling in canoes. Probably kayaks too.

Sara said...

Loved the pictures, especially the one of you taking a picture. I've never kayaked, but seeing your pictures make it look like lots of fun:~)

Deborah Godin said...

Turtles always tell it like it is!

Daryl said...

Nice ... I love all these shots but most especially your kayak! aloha!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Oh my dear, how lovely. What a great way to get around and hang out with sea turtles. Is it bad that I'm a tad jealous? Shh, don't tell anyone.

Anonymous said...

love it

claude said...

Nice hat, Cloudia !

Anonymous said...

Life is a journey And we have to paddle it to move.

the walking man said...

I'd rather see you paddle Wil, Heff and Bama Trav...but then you at least got the word from the turtle.

Anonymous said...

Dammit! How do I always get lumped into The Axis Of Evil?

Wil Harrison.com

Cloudia said...

LOL!

I love you guys and your comments!!!

Mark Kreider said...

It's great to see you on the water! I love the reflections to the right of the pole... fabulous.

Cloudia said...

thanks!

DeniseinVA said...

Oh how very cool!

Barbara Martin said...

A journey is to be experienced now as you've said here. Time will run out before you know it.