Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Your Stuff - My Stuff

A L O H A !




"Where your talents
and the needs of the world meet,
lies your calling." 
Aristotle








" Give me health and a day
and I will make the pomp of emperors 
ridiculous. "
Ralph Waldo Emerson










These are ukuleles. Isn't the little banjo-uke cute?







" A painter paints pictures on canvas.
But musicians paint their pictures 
on silence.  "

Leopold Stokowski







" Do not anticipate trouble,
or worry about what may never happen.
Keep in the sunlight. "

Benjamin Franklin







They told us kids,
that if we dug a hole deep enough
we could get to China.
Look, someone DID it!








































































































































































































     

    






































































































































































































































" To be humble to superiors
is duty,
to equals courtesy,
to inferiors 
nobleness. "

Benjamin Franklin












The hardest thing for me
in day to day life
is my tendancy to be affected
by the emotions
of people around me.

Making their stuff - into my stuff.

Of course this is not unique to me,
Psychologists call it:
"Emotional Contagion"
which makes a frown or smile
akin to a sneeze or cough.


Others are entitled to their moods of course,
it's not my job to assess & uplift everyone I meet-
that would be presumptious.
One never knows what another is going through.
Kinda shallow to joke with someone who is mourning,
eh?

I don't want to 'kill with kindness'
or impose judgement or expectation on others.
All we can do, is to love them,
while respecting them
and their emotions
enough
to let them be.

Jollity & Jocularity can have a pushy edge
to them
at the wrong time. 


Jesus & Buddha weren't back-slappers.
They embodied an 'openness' to others
that invited without imposing.

Kwan Yin, Jesus & Buddha
had welcoming, gentle smiles.

I try to be like that too.
Quietly caring-
and blessing others
on their way.

It is their way, after all

" Rejoice with those who rejoice, 
weep with those who weep. "
Romans 12:15 ESV

        Thanks for sharing with us here!  Warmly, cloudia

31 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Empathy is seriously underrated. A beautiful thought provoking post as always. Thank you. I love the image of you quietly caring. It is evident in this space.

magiceye said...

bravo!
namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sally said...

In my youth, I dug many holes...looking for China.

Likewise, stared at the food uneaten on my plate, and thought of the starving Chinese.

SandyCarlson said...

I love and need what you are saying here.

Lisa said...

I love all the quotes today especially that musicians paint on silence.

Kavita Saharia said...

Thought provoking and profound .Aloha !

Kay said...

You are a blessing, Cloudia!

Cloudia said...

it is a bit of Heaven when we enjoy each other like this

thanks for blessing us with your visit!

Anonymous said...

I love Benjamin Franklin's quotes. He has some great ones. Mind if I borrow the China one for Facebook?

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

天生我才必有用 !!!!

Reanaclaire said...

Greetings to you Cloudia.. Have a nice week ahead..

Lori Skoog said...

Nicely put....

Teresa said...

Love that first picture and your musings in today's post.

Windsmoke. said...

Bonza quotes by Benjamin Franklin and your thought provoking one to :-).

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

'"Where your talents
and the needs of the world meet,
lies your calling."
Aristotle'

I really like the blue and orange with the photo, one of my favs from your blog.

Bitch said...

Yes, dear Cloudia..
I like your humor!!!

bichonpawz said...

Beautiful!!! Thank you so much for sharing your corner of the world Cloudia!!! Have a great day!!
xo
Jeanne

Lynn said...

"It is their way, after all." A beautiful thought.

Thank you for the beautiful start to my day with these lovely photographs, a great quote from Emerson and a chuckle over digging to China. (I used to believe that.) :)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Wise words Cloudia. Great post, I think there may also be a saying about Australia, being 'down under' and all!!

Jesús M. said...

Que buenas imágenes y que buenos textos. Saludos.-

Akelamalu said...

Love all the pic especially the water lillies Cloudia. x

Charles Gramlich said...

Had to laugh a the "hole to China."

Daryl said...

I saw you in that reflection!

mermaid gallery said...

understanding people without judgement is a rare quality....lovely quotes...ben franklin rocks.....

Myrna R. said...

What lovely thoughts. Thank you so much for taking the time to make us focus.

Ash said...

I love your cheery uplifting posts, Cloudia!

Cloudia said...

thank YOU!

Anonymous said...

wow !

Cloudia said...

you bring lots of the 'wow' friend!

bobbybegood1 said...

I really like this post, Cloudia. The Buddha's advent into the world was his behavior as a human being. He empathized with ordinary people. He understood their suffering. That's part of his/our enlightenment/Buddha nature. Cheers!!