Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Andersendak

A  L  O  H  A !
  "You can't get rid of evil. 
We can't,
 and I feel that so intensely.

 All the idiots
 that keep coming into the world
 and wrecking people's lives. 

And it is such an abundance
 of idiocy
 that you lose courage,
 okay?
That you lose hope — 
I don't want to lose hope." 

 Maurice Sendak, 
 with Bill Moyers, 2004












“ There must be more
 to life 
than having 
everything ”
 

 Maurice Sendak

  












“`But the Emperor
 has nothing on
 at all!' 
said a little child.” 

 Hans Christian Andersen














" Children are tough,
 though we tend to think of them
 as fragile.
 They have to be tough.
 Childhood is not easy.

 We sentimentalize children,
 but they know
 what's real and what's not.
 They understand metaphor
 and symbol.
 If children are different from us, 
they are more spontaneous.

 Grown-up lives have become 
overlaid with dross. "

 Maurice Sendak, 
The New York Times, 1987



<>


 
    "And it is through fantasy 
that children achieve catharsis. 

It is the best means they have
 for taming wild things." 

Sendak
Upon receiving the Caldecott Medal 
1964














" Where words fail, 
music speaks.  "

Hans Christian Andersen



















" Life itself
 is the most wonderful 
fairy tale. "

Hans Christian Andersen





   > < } } (°>






Hope YOUr day
is full of happy
music & magic!






Take away Peace - Leave a Comment


                                   Warmly, cloudia

24 comments:

Brian Miller said...

loving all the sendak quotes...was sad last week to see his passing as he played a big role in my own childhood...aloha from VA

Green Monkey said...

ahhhhh children and the sendak quotes! fabulous. I watched my grandson introduce himself to a family of children that were playing a game of tag. Jackson just walked right up to him, said hi and asked if he could join them. As outgoing as I am, I would have, as an adult, struggled with this. we have much to learn from children.

LadyFi said...

Such a shame about Sendak - but he was such an inspiration to so many children - and adults!

Betty Manousos said...

wise words, thanks for sharing!

wish you a great day from start to finish, my blogging pal!

alohaaaa!!

DeniseinVA said...

I love your quotes Cloudia, and always love those gorgeous photographs.

Ruby said...

Beautiful quote on hope!! Great post Cloudia.

Full-On-Forward said...

Those quotes were right on the money! Great shots Sis!!!

I'm trying to catch up with everyone- I've missed you!

J

Teresa said...

Great post with wonderful quotes from some amazing people.

bichonpawz said...

Your words of wisdoms and gorgeous pictures carry me through the day Cloudia!! xo
Jeanne

Kay said...

I've got my daughter and granddaughter here with me taking all my time and turning it to magic. :-)

Stefano Davanzo said...

Just 3 and half month and I'll see again your wonderful sky...

See you

Stefano

Erik Donald France said...

Happy Music and Magic, indeed ~~ cheers and ciao-che-cheerio, Cloudia ~~

I love the pix and the quips ~ yes!

Anonymous said...

Guess I shall have 'a serious talk" with my son tomorrow, once he returns from kindergarten.

Please have you all a good Wednesday.

Elephant's Child said...

Beautiful photos, beautiful quotes. Vale Sendak.

Linda said...

Lovely photos and great quotes. Thank you for sharing.

wenn said...

love those quotes by Hans Christian Andersen

Ileana said...

Your quotes and photos never cease to impact. Aloha to you, amiga!

Cloudia said...

Oh Thank YOU friends!

magiceye said...

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!!

Indrani said...

Lovely pictures.

Bob Bushell said...

Gorgeous quotes and the pictures.

Leovi said...

Yes, precious pictures have in common some delicious sky.
Saludos.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Music ALWAYS..magic some days!

Cloudia said...

Thanks EACH of YOU!