Wednesday, May 16, 2012

R E D

A  L  O  H  A !



“Out of the ash
 I rise 
with my red hair ”
  
 Sylvia Plath


























" It was a town of red brick, 
or of brick that would have been red 
if the smoke and ashes had allowed it;
 but, as matters stood
 it was a town of unnatural red 
 and black 
as the painted face of a savage. "

 CharlesJohn Huffam Dickens

























" In the house of words 
was a table of colors. 

They offered themselves
 in great fountains 
and each poet
 took the color he needed: 
lemon yellow or sun yellow,
 ocean blue or smoke blue, 
crimson red, blood red
wine red. "

Eduardo Galeano



Thank YOU friend!

Take away Peace - Leave Your comment


                                    Warmly, cloudia

18 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Glorious coloured post. Thank you.

the walking man said...

I'd be a painted savage but i don't want to shave...maybe I'd rise out of the ashes instead with the beard fiery red aflame.

the walking man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pierre BOYER said...

J'aime l'intensité de ce rouge...

Pierre

mermaid gallery said...

red is such a strong, emotional color!....not to be taken lightly. ....

Reanaclaire said...

Red is one of my favorite color, Cloudia.. have a nice day!

Linda said...

What a gorgeous red! Lovely post!

Charles Gramlich said...

Dark red is my favorite color. Wine or maroon.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Such an energizing colour red..I think the Sylvia Plath quote would relate to Aimee so well, with her flaming hair!!

Anonymous said...

Passion.

Thank you much for these inspriational pictures. Please have a good Thursday you all.

Lolamouse said...

Love your blog! Beautiful pictures and truly inspirational thoughts! Glad I stopped by!

SandyCarlson said...

Your images and the array of incredible quotations has me amazed and thrilled. Love it. I want to read what you read!

Cloudia said...

YOU
each make me so happy
with your kind visits
and generous comments.

thanks true Friends

magiceye said...

red hot!

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!!

21 Wits said...

I too have that same deep almost glowing red and planted it yesterday! :)

Bob Bushell said...

The colour red is my favourite, thanks Cloudia.

Commander Zaius said...

Great pictures and quotes.

RONW said...

the red on the hibiscus is almost impossible to photograph. I've tried.