Friday, August 21, 2026

Brave


  A  L  O  H  A 

From

Honolulu

The moon stays bright
when it doesn't
avoid the night.
Rumi



Night under palms—
on the sidewalk
beside the beach,
tourist holds her pose.


Passing man looks.
Beyond them both,

the sea
keeps its own ideals.

Pixie



Chrysanthemums

As you grow, do not forget

the chrysanthemum within you—

its roots still need water,

its leaves still need light,

and its blossoming still depends

on the tender care

you are willing

to give yourself.



Please never forget
How brave it is, 
To hope and dream 
Amidst the uncertainty.
      Liz Newman



17 comments:

Katerinas Blog said...

I really liked the last quote:
How brave it truly is to dream amidst uncertainty...🧡

DrumMajor said...

I'm confused. Somehow there's a difference in weather between the bathing- suited tourists and the guy with a full jacket and long pants. Dark clouds might be a helpful clue. Linda in Kansas

Teresa said...

I love the moon shot and Pixie's poem and the reminder to dream and hope. I bet the girls in bathing suits are from places with a colder climate. We get that here in southern California. The locals are wearing jeans and jackets, and the tourists from the North are in shorts and sandals and talking about how hot it is. We just smile and think, "You ain't seen nothing yet!"

Martha Jane Orlando said...

A stunning photo of the moon, Cloudia! I do love Pixie's words of wisdom, too. Blessings!

Tom said...

...be brave always.

Jenn Jilks said...

Sweet Pixie!

Kathy G said...

I never thought of myself as a chrysanthemum, but will try to 'bloom' all day.

RedPat said...

Thank you, Cloudia. ;-)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Cloudia
Gorgeous moon!
Cute Pixie and a sweet Dog photo.
The poem and quotes are lovely.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

Barbara Rogers said...

If I were to give a name to my inner flower, it wouldn't be chrysanthemum. Not sure right now what it is, probably something wild.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

What a beautiful moon shot!! I love the tourist holding the pose while the guy checks her out. I love chrysanthenums.

Joyful said...

Gorgeous skyshot!

Jim said...

Magic moon shot.

Maria Medeiros said...

wonderful photos! Lovely flowers and the moon looks so stunning. Have a lovely Friday and a wonderful weekend!

DVArtist said...

I really like all three of the photos and quotes. The photo of the girl posing reminds me the last time I was in Hawaii. I saw a scene just like this. That Chrysanthemums is stunning as well as the first photo. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a very nice weekend.

Fundy Blue said...

The chrysanthemum message is so important, Cloudia! Enjoy your week. Stay safe and dry!

Christine said...

Lovely post