Monday, September 28, 2026

Secret Star


  A  L  O  H  A 

From

Honolulu

Life stands before me
like an eternal spring with
new and brilliant clothes.
Carl Friedrich Gauss




Allamanda blanchetii
purple allamanda, violet allamanda
Pilaghanti in Sanskrit.
(Both Below)


One Eye. One Flower.

Fower looking back.

The flower knew something 

That eye could not call fact.


One eye holds the sky; 

one flower holds the day.

The eye remembers 

what the flower teaches: 

Open!

Open all the way!

Pixie



Other people

have secret sorrows.

Private worries that

cloud their tomorrows.


You don't need to know

what they are.

Just shine on them

with your secret star.

       Cloudia Charters




It’s no use going back 

to yesterday, because I was

a different person then.

                               Lewis Carroll 

                                          Alice in Wonderland




§ § § § § § § § § § § § §

Love You,

Pixie & Cloudia

§ § §







12 comments:

Diana said...

What a beautiful little poem, Cloudia. The idea of shining your secret star on others without needing to know their sorrows really touched me. Aloha to you and Pixie!
https://canalsandcitrus.blogspot.com

Teresa said...

Love the poems from you and Pixie and your star flower. Hugs!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Cloudia,
I love your photos and the poems from you and Pixie.
Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

Tom said...

...why, why, why, a tattoo sleeve???

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Thank you for shining on me today, Cloudia, with your lovely photos and thoughts. Blessings!

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh Pixie, you are the star! The flower is so beautiful! And when compared to the personal skin art of the young person, I think I'd still choose the flower.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Have a nice week!

RedPat said...

Great poems, Cloudia. ;-)

Barwitzki said...

I’m sending you cheerful greetings and wishing you a wonderful week.
Hugs Viola

Kathy G said...

Thank you.

Michelle said...

I love your encouraging poems. Nice to see Pixie all stretched out. Hugs to you both!

rupam sarma said...

Beautiful words, Loved your poem. Amazing pics.
Greetings to you and Pixie :)