Tuesday, April 21, 2009

You Already Are

Aloha & Welcome!

Click on photos to enlarge

Another beauty by Ted Trimmer


"Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn." Gore Vidal




Solemn Hawaiian Ceremonies


"Travelers, there is no path, the path is made by walking."


Antonio Machado


Ulu (breadfruit) leaf; a popular Hawaiian Quilt pattern!


"If you don't risk anything, you risk even more."


Erica Jong






My dad is being moved from the hospital to hospice-at-home care tomorrow.

They live around a mile from me, but despite my efforts and the support of the wonderful hospice folks, my mom will be alone with all of it.




Though I berate myself for my lack of finances that could make this all so much easier, and feel guilty for not doing more, nevertheless I'm exhausted from the "too little" I've already done!




But this blog, and all of you, are my somehow secret garden. Here I can repair and recreate among like-minded humans. The Grandpa http://wordmechanic.blogspot.com/ has kindly sent me a published volume of his poems, A Matter of Mind;
and lovely Jenn Jilks http://myreflectionsmusings.blogspot.com/ has thrown me a lifeline in the form of her book, Living and Dying with Dignity - A Daughter's Journey Through Long-Term Care.




Let me share a few thoughts from my notebook:




Sometimes I ask myself: WWDLD? What would the Dali Lama do?




What you fear to be

that you already are

welcome it home

to see it's disguised beauty.




Aloha my friends! And forgive me for my lapses in commenting on your wonderful blogs. Just know that I'm lurking about the blogosphere in my stolen moments and take great pleasure in all of you.



You know who you are ;-)


A L O H A! Cloudia

16 comments:

claude said...

I love the foliage of the breadfruit tree. I can see a lot in Martinique and Guadeloupe islands.

gigi-hawaii said...

CC, do you believe in life after death? You should read about near death experiences. Best wishes to both parents!

the walking man said...

Money may be a handy tool of support but being there is a greater structure than any that can be bought. Do what you can, sit, talk, and love.

Anonymous said...

Dear Cloudia -- You've done lots already, with their home, and helping as they permit. Let hospice take care of you, too. Breathe in the spirits of your Hawaiian guides, and your Aloha friends are with you, too. Aloha, DrumMajor

Daryl said...

Oh Cloud, its so hard to see our parents aging ... I hope he is not in pain and that he passes gently in his sleep when his time comes ... we sat with Mom holding her hands and telling her to go be with Daddy, that he was waiting ... the hospice people are amazing and I hope they can make things easier for him, your mom and for you .. (((Cloud)))

Akelamalu said...

My thoughts are with you my friend and I'm sending oodles of Reiki to your Dad and your Mom. My own dear Dad is in hospital at the moment, thankfully he is getting well. I know how hard it is when a parent is ill. xx

sealaura said...

dear cloudia, will be thinking of you and your family. Norman and I send you our love.

Deborah Godin said...

I've had South Pacific on my mind all day, so when I saw the red sky of your thumbnail in my Reader, I thought - "Bali Hai"! Now, I think the lyrics are kind of fitting. Take care of yourself, and I'll be thinking of you and your family.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81NROmUb7o0

Raph G. Neckmann said...

We'll be thinking of you here at Necky Knoll House, Cloudia.

DT ~ RDH said...

Sending much heart and aloha to you Cloudia.
~Dee

Cloudia said...

Bonjour, Claude!
Aloha, Gigi!
Bless you, W.M.
Mahalo, Drum Major

Daryl: How long HAVE I known you?

Thanks, Dear Ake. Love da REIKI!

Sea Laura & Norman; *smile*


Deborah: Sweet!


Mr. Neckman: HIGH to YOU ;-) !

DeeTree: Thanks, Sistah!

Feisty Crone said...

You possess riches beyond measure, Cloudia. You are present, which is more precious than jewels. Hugs to you and yours.

We will be here when you're ready.

Reader Wil said...

Thanks for your words of wisdom and I wish your father a speedy recovery! Thanks for your visit too.

Akelamalu said...

There's a little something for you at my place today. :)

Barbara Martin said...

Take good care of yourself as you care for your parents, Cloudia. Touching post.

Bubblewench said...

Always thinking of you.. Always.
Hugs.