Thursday, May 21, 2009

Note From Home

Aloha!






Aloha friends!

Regular visitors to Comfort Spiral have probably noticed that I'm posting late (very late!) today.


My dad seems to be in his last hours.


My niece and nephew have come from Maui and the Big Island. My brother and his lovely wife have arrived from their home in Canada.


As I am here with my family, I want you to know that my thoughts also go out to all of YOU. The community that exists among us is a precious and new phenomena, and I am very happy to be among you interesting and accomplished folks.


So if I am remiss in my visits to all of your blogs for a while, you will understand. I DO intend to put up fresh pictures daily. Please forgive thin content for a while though, eh?


Meanwhile, there are still flotillas of small fry and happy visitors all around Waikiki. The newly renovated Duke Kahanamoku Lagoon beside our harbor home holds schools of baby fish. These tiny living treasures, the mesmerizing blue of our skies, the smiles of beautiful people; these are the things you notice when you leave the ipod, the mobile phone, and the mental machinery of thinking in your room and go out for a Waikiki stroll. Just feel the sand, the grass, the stone beneath your feet. Feel the caress of trade winds. Soon you will remember that life is more than just what we think about all day long. There is real beauty & relaxation for your soul, and it's all for free. . . When you're walking in Waikiki. . . Aloha! Cloudia


Want to enjoy more Waikiki "street" life with Cloudia? Check out my Hawaii "Taxi Cab" Novel: "Aloha Where You Like Go?" at Amazon.com!













33 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your father. Please don't give your blog or readers another thought. Your attention is definitely needed elsewhere. We'll get along & will see you when you get back.

Anonymous said...

Sympathies.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Cloudia.

We'll be here when you get back. I wish you peace in this trying time.

Anonymous said...

sorry! i luv dis blog

gigi-hawaii said...

God bless your dad, Cloudia. He led a rich and full life. May his passing be a peaceful one.

Anonymous said...

sorry

Barbara Martin said...

I'm sorry to hear about your father, Cloudia. Take a few days away from your blog as we can wait until times are better for you.

Cloudia said...

Thank you, each one.

He passed at 1:41pm Hawaiian Standard Time today, May 21.

Cloudia said...

His wife and two children were with him.
He always swore that the first thing he saw when he opened his eyes as an infant was a telephone pole outside the window. The last image in his eyes was the face of his son. He was 82 years old and a WWII veteran.

Feisty Crone said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hugs to you, Cloudia. We will be here waiting when you are ready and able.

Anonymous said...

sorry

Anonymous said...

Sympathy.

Anonymous said...

Dear Cloudia -- so sorry about your Dad. He, and your Mom, and family, are lucky you were able to guide him through his end-of-life journey. You're one of the angels of Hawaii, and the angels above are glad for your guidance.

Don't worry about da blog. All of us are with you. Remember, to take care of YOU for now also. Please brace yourself, as some people or family may say the wrong things, (ok- almost guaranteed,) and some surprisingly may be very understanding and appropriate.

Remember the "big picture" and the life you want to lead and treasure.

We love you, dear taxi driver.

Aloha and hugs, DrumMajor

the walking man said...

And now that your father has passed to the place where he sleeps comfortably in the house of his ancestors may those of you left behind in the wake of his passing find peace and joy knowing that you are his legacy.


E lauhoe mai na wa`a; i ke kâ, i ka hoe; i ka hoe, i ke kâ; pae aku i ka `âina.

laughingwolf said...

so sorry to hear that, cloudia :(

blessings to you and yours at this critical time...

Bubblewench said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

May he find peace.

Daryl said...

I hope he passes gently with his family there ... (((Cloud)))

Deb said...

Prayers for your dad and may his last days be peaceful.

I have been to Duke's...what kind of renovation did they do?

Deborah Godin said...

May you all find peace and confort, Cloudia!

Charles Gramlich said...

My wishes of peace go out to you, your father, and your family.

The Weaver of Grass said...

My thoughts are with you Cloudia. Be strong and know that all your blogging friends are with you in spirit.

Raph G. Neckmann said...

My thoughts are with you, Cloudia.

claude said...

Oh! Dear Cloudia, I am sad to read this bad new.
All my thoughts are with you.
Aloha, Cloudia !

Anonymous said...

miss my daily vacation!

David Cranmer said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sepiru Chris said...

Dear Cloudia,

We, here, are all very sorry for your and your family's loss. We wish you all the very best in this challenging time.

That humming in the ether is us, and everyone else, sending you warm wishes.

Tschuess,
Chris, Regina, and Pommes

nonizamboni said...

Dear friend, I sent my condolences and please know I'll be thinking about him today as we remember our veterans. And know that you are safe in my thoughts. We'll be here when you return.
Mary Ann

Akelamalu said...

Oh my dear I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll be thinking of you and your family and sending Reiki to help your father's passing. Bless you. xx

Rajesh said...

Sorry for your father. Take care.

Anonymous said...

My best to you and your family Cloudia.

Wil Harrison.com

magiceye said...

Heartfelt sympathies to you and all bereaved. May his soul rest in peace.

Namaste /\
Aloha

roughterrain crane said...

I am sorry to hear about your father.

Kay said...

Hi Cloudia, you are kind to think of your blogging friends at this difficult time. I'm so sorry for your pain.