Saturday, June 27, 2009

I Never Did This Before. . . Really!

Aloha!
Welcome to
Virtual Waikiki A lens masterpiece by Ted Trimmer (c)
Right here in Waikiki


"Reality is nothing but a collective hunch."
Lily Tomlin
Love that rustic door pull!
King Street, Honolulu

"To love for the sake of being loved is human, But to love for the sake of loving is angelic."
Alphonse Marie Louis de Lamartine

Ah, A shower at the end of the day!
Yes, that's my actual shower.



"We all leave footprints in the sand, the question is, will we be a big heel, or a great soul."
Source Unknown



Poet, blogger, and urban rude-boy, Walking Man at:

http://themanwhowalksalonewalksfaster.blogspot.com/

Tagged me with a meme.

And though I have never participated in those sorts of goings-on before, it seems a lazy, hazy time of relaxation and gimcrackery like today might be just the time to take a break for some fun.



So here's "Times Four"

Four Movies You Can See Over and Over

"Once Upon a Time In America" Sergio Leone

"The Trouble With Angels" Hailey Mills

"Avalon" Barry Levinson

"Public Enemy" St. Jimmy Cagney

Four Places You Have Lived

Books

Philadelphia

Honolulu

Mostly in my head

Four TV Shows You Love(d) to Watch

Bill Mawr

TCM Movies all day & night/Sporanos

The Avengers / Honey West

30 Rock/NYPD Blue

Four Places You Have Been on a Vacation

Books

Movies

Magazines

Jamaica

Four of your favorite foods

Dim Sum

Pizza

Lomi Salmon wit da rice / Hawaii "Plate Lunch"

AUTHENTIC Deli / New Jersey Diner

I'm sure that I'm forgetting important items...glad this is just a game.

;-)

TAG

You're IT!

Aloha Cloudia





27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simpsons!

Dina said...

Good onya for taking the plunge.

I just have one question: That is your shower, like, outside??

Deborah Godin said...

You shower oOutside - but not nekkid, right?? (P.S. dim sum and NYPD rock!!!)

Anonymous said...

Love your answers! And your shower. The best vacations of my life were the ones I took in a book.

Teresa said...

I agree about living in books. The shower looks fun, for an exhibitionist!! Do you have a canvas shower stall to pull up?

Cloudia said...

Yes, DINA, we shower out on deck. We live on a boat, remember, and it's best to keep water outside the hull. Otherwise it must be collected in a bilge and pumped out.

It can get creative sometimes as you can imagine...

Cloudia said...

Deborah G: I usually wear, or clutch a pareau/sarong and keep an eye out ;-)

Cloudia said...

Tricia, Yes, I think we vacationed together in "The Hobbit" one summer ;-)

Cloudia said...

Teresa: See the answers above. But I will say that showering in a hotel room or a friends apt seems a luxury of privacy and nakedness. Hard to shower under a t-shirt.....
This is a boat
NOT
a yacht
LOL-

Anonymous said...

History Channel

Current TV

CSPAN Book TV

30 Rock

Reader Wil said...

The first photo is like a Van Gogh painting! I love your shower. I shall lateron come back and see into your meme, but I am turning in now. I am so sleepy!!

Unknown said...

One cannot take a proper shower with clothing on! Your shower and your house boat look absolutely incredible! I can attest to the fact that it is possible to take a discreet shower outdoors in busier neighborhoods!

Cloudia said...

aloha Pagan Sphynx:
We all want to hear more about your experience showering outside in busier neighborhoods ;-)

laughingwolf said...

have a super sunday, cloudia :)

icloudia said...

Nice pictures!
Fun meme

Kay said...

Ummmm.... Cloudia? I was just going to ask what Dina asked. No privacy?

Ooops! And you did answer her.

Oh wow! I didn't even like showering during gym time in high school with the other girls.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be easier to just jump in the water in the ocean? (Got this idea from my earlier experiences at mid-Missouri's Lake of the Ozarks: if you get hot, dirty, tired, or get rowdy...you just jump in the water. Coves are nice for cavorting...keeps your head that's above water from being hit by another boat...) You gotta take more vacations, at least to other islands. Cheers, DrumMajor

the walking man said...

Why I gotta be all rude and stuff?

Ya sista I lives mostly inna me head too.

To hell with it shower naked on the poop deck. If they don't like the view let them close their shades.

Maude Lynn said...

I love your shower!

Hilary said...

Those photos are beautiful. I love that shower! :)

Yeti said...

Love the sky in the first pic..

I give you my four favorite foods..

1.steaks
2.burgers
3.ribs
4.porkchops (maybe)

But my favorite meal is breakfast-go figure..lol

Charles Gramlich said...

Love that door pull. I should put something like that on my sliding doors.

Akelamalu said...

The first photo is superb Cloudia and I love the one of your shower!

David Cranmer said...

The Avengers / Honey West-I'm right there with you!

SandyCarlson said...

I enjoyed this very, very much. Your answers made me smile. I too have lived mostly in my head.

I like your shower. Lovely!

Cloudia said...

Thank you each
SO much for these great comments!!

Junosmom said...

Are those sunsets real?