Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Oscar

A L O H A!
Welcome to the Belated Party. . .
photos may be clicked upon
Happy Belated Birthday you peculiar, lovely man. . .
October 16th



"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."
All Oscar Wilde Quotes Today





It's been a long road. . .




"I have nothing to declare except my genius."
(At customs)





"Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when called upon to act according with the dictates of reason."






"The value of an idea has nothing whatever to do with the sincerity of the man who expresses it."





"This morning I took out a comma
and this afternoon I put it back in again."





"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing
can be taught."




"Beauty is a form of genius - is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation. It is of the great facts in the world like sunlight, or springtime, or the reflection in dark water of that silver shell we call the moon."




"The well-bred contradict other people.
The wise contradict themselves."
Have an
ALOHA Saturday,
my Friends! Cloudia

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Education & Experience
What we learn from books/life is education.
What we learn after a mistake is an experience.

Fireblossom said...

....Oscar would SO be a blogger if he were alive today!

the walking man said...

Oscar called me wise...ha ha ha ha ha

nonizamboni said...

I am always amazed at 'Beauty's great facts'--many times at Comfort Spiral.
:O)

SandyCarlson said...

The man was a genius. And a seering critic. And a source of humor and fun.

Teresa said...

I love the quote that nothing worth knowing can be taught! Great post Cloudia!

wenn said...

education indeed is very much needed..

xxx said...

"we are all in the gutter
but some of us are looking at the stars" :)

best wishes
Ribbon

ps... i agree.. oscar would love to blog

Feisty Crone said...

I'll have to remember that quote about contradicting myself, Cloudia! Aloha!

Friko said...

both genius and beautiful, inside and out.

I will forever now see Steven Fry when I read Oscar Wilde. Good film.

Friko said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marguerite said...

Love the Wilde quotes and giraffe pics. Happy Birthday, Oscar! And Happy Weekend, cher!

Cloudia said...

Hobo

Fireblossom

WM


Noni


Sandy I love you guys!!!!


Teresa


Wenn


Ribbon

Gran


Friko

Cloudia said...

Maguerite!!!! Bonjour, cher!!!!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I so wish I could say that first quote was mine!
<><

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Oh yes, Happy Birthday Oscar!

My favorite Oscar Wilde quote, as he was dying in Paris -- Either that wallpaper goes or I do!

Have a terrific weekend, dear Cloudia!

Unknown said...

I love Oscar. Eternally witty.

gabrielle said...

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast."
Oscar Wilde

Strange and wonderful, peculiar and lovely, aren’t we all?
Wondering if Saturday Night Live’s “manly man” had its origins in Higginson‘s Unmanly Manhood.

Happy birthday, Oscar!

Anonymous said...

simply beautifully captured shots & lovely words to go along with it!

Hilary said...

You always find the best quotes.. and take the best photos. What a treat!

Barbara Martin said...

I wondered if the giraffes are distant relatives of Raph.