Friday, November 20, 2009

What-Ifs Don't Count

A L O H A

YOU!


Welcome to Friday in Waikiki



click on photos for increased sensuality

"Living well is the best revenge."

George Herbert


Moorish Idol and Drab Pal

"Whenever people say 'we mustn't be sentimental,'

you can take it they are about to do something cruel.

And if they add, 'we must be realistic,'

they mean they are going to make money out of it."

Brigid Antonia Brophy


They Spin, Swirl and Tack like fighting kites. These beauties hang out near my boat.

"I like life. It's something to do."

Ronnie Shakes


<>< <>< ><>


"What-if"
is a waste of time and energy.
Sure,
do a household fire drill;
do your homework,
visit the dentist.

I'm talking about:
"What if!"
Free floating angst
masquerades as prudence
but it really is
a jackal.


When the time comes
should it come
you will find in those moments
a way, a hint, a grace
that what-ifs
do not call up.

So do not worry,
it's just a pernicious habit.
Trust yourself
trust life
trust your faith.


Spin and tack
in the currents of life.
You are one beautiful
fish.



A L O H A! cloudia

18 comments:

Sepiru Chris said...

Last paragraph... a quote from the lass in the mirror?

I know that it's all good, and it's all you, but hey. That last one seems the "rightest", neh?

Tschuess,
Chris

the walking man said...

What if's count prior to making a decision and are useless once the decision is acted upon.

Kay said...

It's so hard not to look back and give a what if sometimes. You're right though. It is a jackal.

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

You too are Cloudia. Aloha! Have a good day!!

Long-tailed Shrike

DeniseinVA said...

And so are you my friend. What lovely company you have in the water. Thanks for another exceptional post. Aloha!

Charles Gramlich said...

I wish I could do it, but i'm full of free floating angst.

Teresa said...

I love the quote that living well is the best revenge!! And I liked your thoughts on "what ifs". What if we all took your advice and lived well? Now that would be one happy world!!

Tom Bailey said...

Action solves things theory and what ifs cant.

The "if I had" is the worst if in my viewpoint because the past can not change.

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read the article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Daryl said...

NOT making a decision is making a decision ...

Hilary said...

You are one clever lady.

Fireblossom said...

Hehe, I like being called a beautiful fish!!!

That quote about sentiment and being realistic is priceless.

Anonymous said...

Indeed, it comes to the final question, whether one loves life or not - making those 'what-if's' worthless if answered with YES, as it simply is, was and remains to be the very best.

A wonderful Saturday for you.

Marguerite said...

"Living well is the best revenge"! Love that quote and the first photo makes me want to be there, like NOW! Aloha, have a fun weekend, cher!

Cloudia said...

Of course, Chris: all unattributed words are my own.

Thanks for swimming by everyone!!!!

Anonymous said...

right!
jk

Feisty Crone said...

The George Herbert quote is one of my all time favorites! Aloha, Cloudia!

Cloudia said...

Hi Gran!