Saturday, January 9, 2010

Weather or Not

ALOHA
Friend!

Come In
E Komo Mai

Come Warm Yourself


click on the sunshine!
My first panorama shot on my FujiFilm A220 blending three shots into one.



"What we know of the world comes to us primarily through vision.
Our eyes, however, are sensitive only to that segment of the spectrum
located between red and violet;
the remaining 95 percent of all existing light
(cosmic, infrared, ultraviolet, gammas, and x-rays)
we cannot see.
This means that we percieve only 5 precent of the "real" world."
Amos Vogel




"Non-ordinary experiences are vital to us
because they are expressions of our unconscious minds,

and the integration of conscious and unconscious experiences
is the key to life, health, spiritual development,
and fullest use of our nervous systems.
By instilling fear and guilt about altered states of consciousness into our children, we force this drive underground,
guaranteeing that it will be expressed in anti-social ways."

Andrew Weil MD



"If the doors of perception were cleansed,
everything would appear as it is
- infinite"


Blake




The morning started grey and dark
with rain skirling the deck above our waking heads.
Boat Kitty came inside with damp fur-
our version of a Waikiki Snow Day.

Some part of my North American-born brain thinks:
Heavy clothing, Traffic Mess, and Wrenching My Back with that Sudden Slip on Sneaky Sinister Ice.
But it's just rain, folks.

Maybe it will clear the volcanic haze that we call VOG
from our skies, which have been blowing up from the Big Island Hawaii
(i.e. KONA Winds) for days now.


Then
as quickly as a local smile
the clouds lighten up
to show a True Blue
as the dancing palms smile back
a greener green.

Tomorrow
more Trade Winds will rush in from Alaska
like avenging, holy angels.
Skies, and heads, will clear
and newly arriving visitors
will think 'twas ever thus.


And so it has been:
Only in Hawaii - World's Best Weather
So lucky to be here in Waikiki.



The beauty of snowy pewter skies,
sparkling fairy trees,
muffled city streets,
and the heroism of frozen livestock water
finds me via YOUR blogs.


Mahalo, my friends.
There is always warm Aloha
here for you.

Come laze in da Spiral
before you scrape your
windshield (wind screen).



WELCOME! cloudia

22 comments:

claude said...

Wonderful panoarama, Cloudia ! ALOHA !

the walking man said...

Giving a gentle poke to us on the mainland my dear twin?

It's good to be reminded that the sun still warms the earth somewhere. It allows us to know that our season of that warmth will soon enough return to us.

Dina said...

Important and thought provoking quotations. And pictures to go along.

On my last visit to America, a friend gave me some cardboard-framed eyeglasses from his New Year's party.
I saw for the first time the aura around a "simple" candle flame and was amazed, wondering how many other wonders are not seen by our eyes.

Akelamalu said...

We have sun here but it's not warming anything! Send some of yours please. x

Hilary said...

I wouldn't mind a bit of your climate around now...

Love that last image. :)

BLOGitse said...

that panorama is cool!
Aloha from Cairo!:)

http://BLOGitse.blogspot.com

Dave King said...

Could do with some warming. The Blake quote went some way towards it.

Feisty Crone said...

Aloha, Cloudia. Wonderful pictures!

Feisty Crone said...

Aloha, Cloudia. Wonderful pictures!

Kay said...

Happy Saturday, Cloudia! I really hate Vog.

Anonymous said...

Nifty panorama.....I always thought it amazing that people trudged supplies up that hill / mountain behind Honolulu to stake their spot in the ground. Oooooo, what other pics can you take? One of your whole boaty neighborhood? Mahalo for clearing my windshield. We're up to 6 degrees this morning! DrumMajor

Junosmom said...

No scraping - I have a garage. A messy one, grant you, but keeps the ice away.

Carol said...

Andrew Weil has shown up 3X in the last week, my mother had picked up his book on aging, the 'Letting Go' blog on my blogroll mentioned him today as an old acid dropping hippy and now you have a quote. Hmmm, that's all, just hmmmm!

I try to tell my mom that we know so little about our possibilities or our afterlife or living in/perceiving different dimensions. She ain't buying it!

My father would have considered it and I feel him still with me.

The Grandpa said...

It is very cold here in Atlanta. Didn't use to mind it in New Hampshire. It was supposed to be cold. But not here. Thanks for sharing some of your warmth. Aloha, Cloudia.

Fireblossom said...

Hawaiian boat kitty!

"I can haz pineapple?"

;-)

Anonymous said...

me like!
cj

SandyCarlson said...

What a beautiful view, and what beautiful thoughts. We see so little. That is right. And we have the science to back it up!

Thanks for this post, my friend.

Teresa said...

Love the post. Glad that here in southern California there is no ice scraping, but still not so balmy as you guys!

Rosaria Williams said...

Beautiful picture(s). Deep thoughts to titillate our imagination. Yes, may the weather gods keep you in splendor.

Jo said...

What a gorgeous panorama. I clicked on the photo to enlarge it, and I almost felt as if I could step into it. Thank you for the mini-vacation. I adore Hawaii. :-)

RONW said...

I'm guessing that the stitched photo was taken from 250 Ohua.

Cloudia said...

Cool!

Yes, panorama shot from 250 Ohua...

Luv you guys!