Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Close One!


"Perfection is achieved,

not when there is nothing to add,

but when there is nothing left to take away."


Antoine de Saint-Exupery










"Silence

is one of the hardest arguments to refute."


Josh Billings







“In the pure, immaculate waters,

both the lotus and the slimy scum are found.”


Sri Guru Granth Sahib






There is a gold mist slanting through the harbor this morning.


It looks especially beautiful


when I reflect on how very close I came.


Has it been ten years? It has!


I haven't left the islands in this century.



It seemed so tangible, so close. Folks fly back and forth every day (and we're grateful that you come to visit us)


I was really gonna visit the West Coast,

But it got kinda complicated.


Where to stay? Who and When to meet up with.


So I've decided to remain island anchored for a while longer.



After all: I'm where I really wanna be.


And I'm so very glad that YOU have stopped by!


Warmly, cloudia

22 comments:

Teresa said...

Thanks for the lovely pictures. Glad you're happy where you wanna be!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

These words spring to mind after reading your post (forgive me if I have messed them up!):

'Tis a gift to be simple
'Tis a gift to be free
'Tis a gift to find yourself where you want to be ...

... well something like that! :0)

Cloudia said...

And it's even more wonderful with visitors like YOU!

Charles Gramlich said...

If you're truly at home, why must you have to go away from it? It's not as if a place like your home will ever be exhausted for you. you'll always have something new to see and experience.

Full-On-Forward said...

Cloudia,

Kick my butt if I stay away for more than a day!!

I think I see a picture book in the making. The photographs alone would stand, but the way you mate them up with quotes makes them truly unique!

John

the walking man said...

Odd that you say that because it has been ten years since i have left MI and I have not left Detroit for more than 4 days in awhile too.


Home, such as it is, has made us both homebodies sista'

Aloha/

Anonymous said...

Cloudia, your photographs are truly magnificent. I like how you center them.

As for me, I like getting off the rock now and then.

Friko said...

Happy is the woman who is where she wants to be!

I really love your aphorisms today.

Paul C said...

These quotes are particularly meaningful.

Dina said...

I know what you mean. Me too.

Shaloha dear Cloudia.

Unknown said...

You just post the nicest things.

SandyCarlson said...

Very, very beautiful. So with it and the lotus. Beauty can emerge from the scum, etc. Does every day. Thanks for this, Cloudia.

Cloudia said...

Thanks to each of you!

Feisty Crone said...

Love, love LOVE the quote on silence! Aloha!

Rajesh said...

Beautiful shots. Very lovely colorful flowers.

magiceye said...

so happy for you

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!

Marguerite said...

Lovely sentiments and pics! Home is where the heart is, cher! Aloha!

Indrani said...

Beautiful thoughts shared and the shots too. My eyes lingered on each one for some time, before I forced myself to move on. :)

G-Man said...

Always a pleasure Cloudia!!!

GAB said...

Well my hubby has been to Hawaii but sadly I have not. Those flowers are very beautiful thanks for shareing.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Beautiful flowers Cloudia!
<><

Cloudia said...

Thanks for coming by!