Friday, August 6, 2010

Four Squares

Aloha to YOU!



EARTH
A tiny plant grows on a lava rock . . .



"Behold, my friends,

the spring is come;

the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun,

and we shall soon see the results of their love!"


Sitting Bull




WATER
We go to the sea for recreation, healing & wisdom.


When we are born

our bodies are about 78% water.

As we age, that goes to 55 to 60%


.

“Don't you realize that the sea is the home of water?

All water is off on a journey unless it's in the sea,

and it's homesick, and bound to make its way home someday”

Zora Neale Hurston




FIRE


"To poke a wood fire

is more solid enjoyment

than almost anything else in the world."

~Charles Dudley Warner





"The most tangible of all visible mysteries - fire."

~Leigh Hunt


.

"The fire you kindle for your enemy

often burns yourself more than them."

~Chinese Proverb


.

"Life is a flame that is always burning itself out,

but it catches fire again every time a child is born."

~George Bernard Shaw



.



BoldAIR


“Those who dwell among the beauties

and mysteries of the earth

are never alone or weary of life.”

Rachel Carson


23 comments:

Akelamalu said...

"To poke a wood fire

is more solid enjoyment

than almost anything else in the world."

~Charles Dudley Warner

My Dad would agree with this wholeheartedly - he loves poking fires. :)

Rosaria Williams said...

How lovely that first quote. Aloha and best wishes to you, Cloudia.

Heff said...

I'm guessing that Charles Dudley Warner died a Virgin ?

BLOGitse said...

Aloha from Casa! :)

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

love your 4 squares,
wood is missing,

water, gold, wood, fire, soil,
I have 5 in my culture.

Dinesh chandra said...

CLOUDIA AFTER READING YOUR BLOG MY HEART ALSWAYS SAY I VISIT THE ALL PLACES WHICH I WATCH IN THE BLOG.

GREAT

EGARDS

DINESH CHANDRA

bichonpawz said...

Poking wood is a rather tranquil past-time! Aloha Cloudia!!
Jeanne

claude said...

Curious the tiny plant growing in the lava rock.
On next tuesday I wall post about my yacht.
Beautiful sky.
Aloha, Cloudia !

Fireblossom said...

On the old Star Trek, these aliens called the crew "ugly bags of mostly water." I thought it was pretty funny.

Birdman said...

I enjoyed these quotes... makes you think.

wenn said...

can't live without water.

Sumandebray said...

the place I am now has a home for water but there are none waiting to reach home.
But the chinese proverb about fire is just life changing if practised

Charles Gramlich said...

I've always liked Rachel Carson's take on things.

Eddie Bluelights said...

Love poking fires myself but there are fewer and fewer of them to poke these days alas. I also loved to roast chestnuts on an open fire and make toast with a toasting fork. Alas dieing arts these days which suggests my 78% water content must have reduced to around 55-60% (hopefully towards the top end LOL). Excuse me whilst I get a large mug of water.

Whilst writing I would be honoured if you featured on The Sunday Roast.
Please reply to:

eddiebluelights@gmail.com

Got here eventually and hope to visit again soon to read your interesting posts.

Best wishes

Eddie

Feisty Crone said...

I like the Chinese proverb about hatred--so true! Aloha!

Pseudo said...

You take great photos. I loved them all, and especially the tree of souls in the previous shot.

Kay said...

Have a wonderful week, Cloudia.

Brian Miller said...

its elementary beauty...aloha from VA!

Junosmom said...

So I'm destined to dry up?

Elizabeth said...

Greetings from New York!

Magia da Inês said...

♥♥ Olá, amiga!
Voltei para rever seu cantinho.
Belíssimas fotos!!!
São incríveis!!!
Uma ótima semana!
Saúde, paz e alegria.
Tudo de bom!!!♥
Beijinhos.
Itabira♥
♥ Brasil

Cloudia said...

Mahalo!

Gracias!


Domo Arrigato!

Thank YOU :)

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Some great quotes here!
<><