Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Big Buddha

Aloha & Thanks for Visiting Today!


First Hawaiian Bank Headquarters, Honolulu

There are many kinds of idols





On Saturday
 I went to visit what some might call an idol.


"Better than a thousand hollow words,
 is one word that brings peace."

Buddha 





The Jade Buddha for Universal Peace & Happiness
 was visiting Honolulu for two days this past weekend.
 The giant bodhisattva (Sanskrit: बोधिसत्त्व)
 stands at almost 9 feet tall and weighs around 4 tons.
  It was carved from the world's largest jade gemstone known as the "Polar Jade" and  is valued at $5 million.


"Just as treasures are uncovered
 from the earth,
 so virtue appears from good deeds,
 and wisdom appears
 from a pure and peaceful mind."

Buddha







I felt very polite and respectful.
 This was a religious experience for some, after all.




"The way is not in the sky.
 The way is in the heart."
Buddha 





But it was far from solemn.
  It was more like a family reunion, said to bring
 spiritual riches
for believer and non-believer alike
 who came into the presence.

"Thousands of candles can be lit
from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared."
Buddha







I came to see the Buddha,
but found myself EXPERIENCING something
on an energetic level.







These photos don't convey
 the amazing scale of the object.





I felt very touched and uplifted.
A female Buddhist monk
came up to me and gave me the photo
I have reproduced above.

The orbs appearing around the statue
are said to be angels and such
celebrating
Universal Peace & Happiness!

><}}(°>

       Wishing you all the best, cloudia

27 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

It must have been quite an experience!

foongpc said...

Wow!! Those orbs are angels?

Hattie said...

I did see the Great Buddha of Kamakura. He survived a tsunami that swept everything else away. You can go inside it. He is nodding and some day his head will fall off.
That Buddha looks colorful!

Hilary said...

Lovely post, Cloudia.

Charles Gramlich said...

I bet it was interesting. I do remember when I was a kid of being awed when I went into like a Catholic church and saw all the wonderful statues. These days I guess I don't notice them very much.

Akelamalu said...

How wonderful you captured the orbs around the Buddha!

I saw many Buddhas in Thailand - they are so beautiful. :)

Cloudia said...

Blessings & Angels!

Myrna R. said...

Thank you for sharing such a special experience. I hope it expanded your spiritual wealth. This world is full of mystery. Nice to take advantage of it.

Nancy said...

Wow! Those orbs are amazing. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Full-On-Forward said...

People are Jaded! Anyway you find peace and tranquility- is positive energy. How can that be bad?

J

Orb itz!

Friko said...

Fantastic sight!
Peace and love to you, dear friend.
Aloha.

Teresa said...

Cool post, Cloudia. I loved the pictures.

KrippledWarrior said...

A SMILE...
It never increases in cost. Nor decreases in value. Invest in one today
-KrippledWarrior

Ileana said...

Your photos and the word, Aloha, bring peace to me. Thanks for sharing these fantastic photos! What an experience!

Anonymous said...

As I was just one click away from closing my site - this surely was helpful.

Thank you.


Please have a good new month.

daily athens

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

May God Bless you and your loved ones !

magiceye said...

universal peace and happiness

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!!

Windsmoke. said...

A very uplifting spiritual experience. Orb angels very special to people who believe.

Cloudia said...

Thank you for sharing yourself here :)

Teeluck said...

This is wonderful Thank you :)

Kay said...

That's pretty darn amazing. I hadn't even heard about it. I love all the Buddhist teachings you've posted. It's good to be reminded of his words.

Reader Wil said...

"Thousands of candles can be lit
from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared."
Buddha

The Book of Buddha is like the words of Jesus! Same wisdom, same comfort! I am also a great admirer of his.
Thanks for this post. Have a great day!

the walking man said...

"Behold, O monks, this is my last advice to you. All component things in the world are changeable. They are not lasting. Work hard to gain your own salvation."

The final words of Buddha

Fireblossom said...

Bodhisattva! That's a song by Steely Dan!

What?

;-)

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Beautiful. Aloha my dear friend. Warm regards.

Pietro Brosio said...

The Universal Peace, it's really what we need so much!

Cloudia said...

Thanks for blessing me with your visit