Friday, April 8, 2011

Believe in Astrology?

Aloha               你好


"A book is like a garden
carried in the pocket."
 Chinese proverb








The palest ink
is better than the best memory.
 Chinese proverb

"Married couples who love each other
tell each other a thousand things
without talking."
 Chinese proverb 


<>





Do you believe in astrology?

If 'believe' means that the stars rule us,
no matter what we do;
Then no, I don't believe that.


But I'm always interested to look into
the collected wisdom of generations,
confident of finding
some useful 'intel' 
therein.



Few useless things
hang around for very long.
(No mother-in-law jokes here please!)


In fact,
learning a bit about lunar
(Chinese) astrology
has been helpful
if only
in reminding me
that we live amidst a constellation
of ever shifting influences,

wherever they come from.





It has been helpful by
reminding me that:
while we may feel a certain way
right now-
it is never a permanent condition.



To often we think of ourselves as "fixed'
in who we are;
But we are actually becoming
every minute.




As long as there is life,
there is choice.

And fixed thinking
does not well serve us
     on our merry way. . .

Tomorrow we will look at things
with new and different eyes.

Thank you for sharing my lazy spirals!

          Comment? (please) cloudia

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey -- You're gently getting us "out of the box!" I didn't know there was a separate Chinese astrology system...or is that the one I see on paper placemats? What a warped view from the Mainland. The sun is out and I stared at my double daffodil with the tulips. Whew! It's Friday! Mahalo for the good vibes and photos. DrumMajor

Lisa said...

No.

Everything has a creator, the stars, the galaxies, the universe, I believe in the Creator of the universe.

Rosaria Williams said...

"...as long as there is life, there is a choice..."
So true!
The only constant is change.

Elephant's Child said...

Oh yes. Changing and with, any luck, growing too.

Anonymous said...

thank you for giving time a meaning.


daily athens

Teresa said...

So will your next post be from the I-Ching??

Love your pictures, Cloudia.

Sebab said...

I am not sure If I believe in astrology but I am curious.

Anonymous said...

good points, insted of just yes + no


jj

Windsmoke. said...

Constant change is good for the soul and keeps you on your toes. I like the first Chinese Proverb :-).

Kay said...

I take it all with a grain of salt. I like the quote about marriage. It is so true.

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

你好..I believe!Bananaz is talking from experience as every 15th of the lunar month also the full moon night we have a childhood friend who would talk excessively and nonsensically. Our whole group of friends have been observing him for quite sometime and all of us do come up with the same conclusion. No wonder in the movies we see human turning werewolf on full moon night..how true? tQ

the walking man said...

All I know is my beard is a days worth longer and that alone makes me different than I was.

foongpc said...

I believe in Chinese astrology and feng shui! Have a good day! : )

Commander Zaius said...

"A book is like a garden
carried in the pocket."
Chinese proverb


Last week we were at the botanical gardens, several of the benches there were in nice shady places and I would have loved to been able to plop my butt down in one and read.

Ileana said...

I do NOT believe in astrology predicting every moment for us...if that's what you mean, but I do see a lot of similar personality traits in those sharing the same astrological sign. Freaky how that works sometimes.

Aloha, amiga. Wishing you a warm and wonderful day!

nazelet said...

I love Einstein's quotes. He is funny & profound all at the same time in his one liners. It's funny that some people "don't believe" in astrology. I think that's because some one made a word called astrology - so now it's a concept.
What every we call it or don't call it - it's there and exerts a tremendous energy. We and everything are the same kind of energy. It stands to redone that energies have influence.
Everything, absolutely everything is interconnected, so everything has an affect on everything else. I wrote a post not long ago about the moon and ebbs & flows and, in the case of that post, me. It called Marduk, The Moon & Me.
Time & space are connected. Time can be fast, it can be slow, it can seem to stand still. Yes, it's weird how you're asleep when am just getting up.
The one rule holds true throughout - nothing stays the same - everything changes. Impermanence - A fundamental Buddhist principle.
I love your poetry.
If mahalo means thank you - than mahalo to you Caludia.

Fireblossom said...

I'm a sheep!

Full-On-Forward said...

Spiritual Planes--have so much more Mystery and influence than we ever could imagine. Of Course I believe God is the key...and I think what the Bible was saying about astrology and numerology, being bad (to paraphrase),etc.....Meant---Not to put it ahead of the creator of it all.

Idol worship. or Idle Worship. English is cool , No??

Aloha,

HFTEC

J