Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Riding the Mist

Aloha My Friends!


"First a howling blizzard woke us,
Then the rain came down to soak us,
And now before the eye can focus -
Crocus."

Lilja Rogers





"Now every field is clothed with grass,
and every tree with leaves;
now the woods put forth their blossoms,
and the year assumes its gay attire."

Virgil





"It's spring fever. 
That is what the name of it is.
And when you've got it, you want
- oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want,
but it just fairly makes your heart ache, 
you want it so!"

Mark Twain










"In springtime, love is carried on the breeze.
Watch out for flying passion
or kisses whizzing by your head."

Terri Guillemets








<()>

Spring has come to Hawaii.
"What," you say,
"There are seasons in the islands?"
Oh Yes! 

Trees & plants in flower everywhere,
even more than usual.

Monday night was unusual
with thousands of lightning strikes
(no injuries or damage- just a great show).

"From what we could calculate
there were over 15,000 lightning strikes 
in a five hour time frame from 5-10 p.m. (Monday) statewide," 
said Meteorologist Tom Birchard, with the National Weather Service.

As if that wasn't interesting enough, two equally rare waterspouts
formed during the show
just off Honolulu
and danced a duet!

"We were watching it
and all of a sudden the tubes came down.
They started to form waterspouts
and then the waterspouts twisted back and forth,"
said California visitor Thayton Towner.



"It was gnarly. All I saw were two tornadoes
and all of a sudden -- they combined into one.
It felt hard core out there," said Honolulu surfer J.D. Walker. 


"We saw a smaller one form then a bigger one.
Then they started to converge and they crossed each other.
It was pretty crazy." Moiliili surfer Timo Tidwell told KITV News






"No, we stayed out there. We wanted to see what would happen.
Then the rain started to get super heavy and we couldn't see the waves -
- so we just came in," said Tidwell.

In just a matter of minutes the waterspouts weakened and disappeared
as the lightning storm raged on.

That WAS unusual weather!  

Yesterday teased with sun, then ambushed with rain-

But today I was able to get on my scooter
and ride through the breezes,
& sunny skies, 
while dramatic traveler clouds
punctuated the BLUE
with their steamy white and silvered pewter.


So much is going on in our world; 
so much to talk about.
Perhaps TOO much!


Ah, I just wanna ride on my scooter. . . .and eat good ice cream!  

Just fired up the computer
to say ALOHA to all my pals out there-

Now to go a visiting, to see how the season 
is treating all of YOU!  

Do You have Spring fever? Tell us about it!  cloudia





 

46 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Yes - Spring fever, but no Spring. It is unseasonably cool and rainy here in the northeast. Thanks for sharing your Spring. I needed that!

SandyCarlson said...

Your spring is very beautiful. I have spring fever. Your spring compounds this beautiful situation!

who said...

it spring in the Pacific Northwest, but not necessarily due to the weather. I think it has more to due with familiar people, familiar haircuts and familiar families of people with characteristic haircuts.

and nudity, nudity is nice in all weather, even if it's only slightly partial nudity. Finger tips and lips or pretty eyes and healed wrists, as long as something is at least partially naked, I am particularly partial to it, and that's good enough for me, 360 days a year.

Teresa said...

Love the image of you riding on a cloud of mist like a Chinese goddess!! Great post. The pictures are wonderful, as are the quotes.

Snaggle Tooth said...

aH-HA! YOU DO HAVE SPRING!

Beautiful weather show you've had. Lucky you have a scooter-
I want one, now that gas is over $4I can't afford driving to work!
Aloha!

Rajesh said...

Beautiful shots. Spring is here.

Cloudia said...

Aloha

Hattie said...

Oh, I'm getting restless! I can hardly wait to get to Seattle to see my kids and grandkids.

Cloudia said...

cool

Charles Gramlich said...

I'm so stoked to have time to do my own work I've got writin' fever.

Windsmoke. said...

It's Autumn here in Oz but feeling more like winter everyday so enjoy your scooter rides while you can and more photos of springtime in Hawaii would be fantastic :-).

Jim said...

Lovely shots.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Elephant's Child said...

Lovely, lovely photos. As Windsmoke says we have winter to enjoy first (and I do) but Spring will come here too.

Pietro Brosio said...

Very lovely views, your spring must be wonderful indeed!

Cloudia said...

grazie

Commander Zaius said...

We're having nice weather here but I'm stuck at home.

Joop Zand said...

Have a lovely springtime Cloudia, your words and pictures are nice.

Greetings, Joop

claude said...

Enjoy your Spring, Cloudia !
We feel better when Springtime is arriving. Over here we will be in summer on june 21.
ALOHA, my friend !

Kay said...

That was an incredible lightning show we saw from our window. It almost made me feel like I was back in the Midwest. I don't think I'll get on a scooter, but the ice cream sounds nice.

Anonymous said...

Didn't get to see any waterspouts, but did see lightning. Scary stuff!

Full-On-Forward said...

CAN YOU GUESS MY FAV SHOT?

HFTEC.

JOHN

The Weaver of Grass said...

Oh yes - we all had Spring fever this year Cloudia after a long and very miserable winter - the first signs of Spring were heady. Now we are desperate for rain.

Samantha said...

Thank you for sharing your Spring..it is close to freezing here this morning!

Anonymous said...

Spring fever came in the form of snowflakes on Tuesday! But the flowers are blooming anyway!

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous post, darling!
I need to go to the beach!

xoxox,
CC

the walking man said...

*shrug* Just another day in the D waiting for some heat.

Brian Miller said...

how very cool...when we lived in FL we saw 3 waterspouts dancing one day...so cool! aloha from va!

21 Wits said...

Oh I have it bottled up tight, but our spring just doesn't want to give in and come alive as it should....and it's already May! As always lovely photos and the best of quotes to warm a soul! Thanks!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I love spring and I would have loved to have seen that light show!
<><

Daryl said...

NewYawkCitay rarely has a true spring. Usually we have winter til mid April then one week of temps in the 90s and then back to winter til mid May .. we skipped the April heat week this year and just had blah rainy chilly weather which I guess is NewYawkCitay's version of spring ...

Myrna R. said...

It must be awesome to view the light shows and other natural climate displays in Hawaii.

I always love Spring. For some reason, this year, it hasn't quite hit me. Usually, I'm a little crazy and energetic. Not now, but the fever may strike soon.

RONW said...

Today's newspaper...."There were about 40,000 cloud-to-ground lightning strikes"

Lynn said...

I do have spring fever, but your spring is particularly beautiful over there. :)

nazelet said...

spring has already come and gone down here in southern florida. but spring anywhere is a good season. I that is especially so in your neighborhood as well. I so enjoy your poetry findings between each photo Claudia. if that lovely woman on the beach isn't you than i claim it to be me. may I? heehee

Akelamalu said...

I love the house in the second photo and the beach shot Cloudia. :)

Anonymous said...

The energy felt must have been more than great. Thank you for sharing.
Please have you all a wonderful Friday.

daily athens

bichonpawz said...

We went south to find spring and have just returned! That's the reason I haven't been blogging or reading! Trying to catch up!! I never knew that Hawaii had spring! Learn something new all the time! Thanks Cloudia!

Maude Lynn said...

I have terrible spring fever!

Dinesh chandra said...

nice .

Regina said...

Beautiful photos!
Happy weekend.
xo

Dave King said...

Loved the Lilja Rogers. Cracking send of to a great post.

Betty Manousos said...

i love spring, and your post is filled with spring positive vibes.

thanks for sharing your spring and your beautiful pictures!

betty xx

Leovi said...

I love the colors of lka first photo and of course that girl on the beach ... alters blood spring. Greetings from La Mancha. Have a nice weekend.

Cloudia said...

Jolly!

"Girl on the beach: Paula D"


*Smile*


THANK YOU

Anonymous said...

Spring -- I went outside at 5 a.m., while it was still dark and I couldn't sleep... did you know birds tweet at 5 a.m. when it's still dark? Amazing! So much for roosters. DrumMajor

Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

"First a howling blizzard woke us,
Then the rain came down to soak us,
And now before the eye can focus -
Crocus."

Fantastic colours in that tree above the quote.

Again, Hawaii has some amazing sites.