Thursday, June 23, 2011

Let's FLY

A  L  O  H  A !



Thanks for swinging by today.  
                                     You're just in time for our flight -
Looks like a nice day to fly somewhere


" Music fathoms the sky. "

Charles Baudelaire








What is going on up there?  Shall we find out?



" My witness is the empty sky. "

          Jack Kerouac








Always exciting just before a flight!


 " Excuse me while I kiss the sky. "

                                Jimi Hendrix




Good Bye Honolulu!


" One of my great joys in life is being a pilot.
There is a great sense of freedom 
in soaring through the sky.
You get a different perspective up there. 
Seeing things that aren't so apparent from the ground. "

Sonny Perdue 


   

Now On To Our Destination:


If you have time, check out the inter-island flight video
and spend some time on the rural Big Island:





If you'd like to see more of Hilo
from the air, you'll enjoy the take-off below.
I recommend you mute your speakers.

27 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

The view from the air is always fantastic and that famous view from space even more so.

Lynn said...

Flying into Hawaii must just be the best thing ever. :)

Charles Gramlich said...

"Kiss the Sky" is my favorite of those quotes.

Daryl said...

I'm flying to Birmingham, AL tomorrow, I hope to fly to Hawaii someday too

Akelamalu said...

I wish I was flying to Hawaii right now!

Joop Zand said...

Nice view from the air above Honolulu.

Greetings, Joop

foongpc said...

Kiss the sky? That's nice! I wanna kiss the sky!! : )

Marguerite said...

Awesome post and videos! Aloha, cher!

Teresa said...

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

nanny said...

Nothing better than landing in Hawaii......Nothing worse than leaving! I cry everytime.
I have been to Oahu once, Maui three times and later this summer I'm going to Kauai!!! I can't wait. I love the anticipation of a trip. I enjoy reading about destination and planning....so much fun!

Commander Zaius said...

I like the concept of flying and enjoying riding in a private aircraft but I hate getting on a airliners. I'm 6'-5" and I'm always on some glorified jet-powered puddle jumper, jammed up with another guy my size or bigger.

FilipBlog said...

I like these colourful planes. It bit South African or British Airways.

Elephant's Child said...

Interesting. I am not a good flyer, but found the take off with no sound much, much easier and less stomach clenching than usual.
Thanks.

Windsmoke. said...

Take a close look at the cloud formation in the 1st photo could be a pigs head?. Excuse me while i kiss the sky fantastic Jimi Hendrix song :-).

Feisty Crone said...

What a great view from the air!

Kavita Saharia said...

Fly to Hawaii is in top of my wish list .Aloha friend.

Cloudia said...

So glad you enjoyed the trip!

Anonymous said...

Lovely Enjoy your trip!

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

The feeling of free in the air is always great !

Heidi said...

Hi Cloudia,
Thanks for your wishes for my birthday...Your pics are beautiful, love the one of Honolulu from above and the videos are amazing...Have a great time. Enjoy!...Heidi :)

the walking man said...

What? No inter Island driving video.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Absolutely perfect sky watch post Cloudia. I enjoyed the flight!!

Vagabonde said...

I’d love to join you in the air. I came back from Paris less than a month ago and I am ready to take another trip, but I have to wait till August…

Cloudia said...

thank YOU so much for coming by!

SandyCarlson said...

Your photos and video clips make my night. What a range of perspectives.

Pierre BOYER said...

I love to fly....

Pierre

Cloudia said...

Sweet!