Thursday, March 29, 2012

Senior Spin

A    L    O    H    A  !


Down in the Valley-



“Give me the money

 that has been spent in war

 and I will clothe every man, woman,

 and child 

in an attire of which kings 

and queens

 will be proud. 

 

 I will build a schoolhouse

 in every valley

 over the whole earth.

 I will crown every hillside

 with a place of worship 

consecrated to

 peace.”

 
 Charles Sumner













Up in the Sky


" I had a monumental idea
 this morning,
 but I didn't like it. "
  
    Samuel Goldwyn












In Secluded Meadows


“How does the Meadow flower 

its bloom unfold?

 Because the lovely little flower

 is free

 down to its root,

 and in that freedom 

bold.”

 

 William Wordsworth













"The most insignificant people
 are the most apt to sneer at others.
 They are safe from reprisals. 
And have no hope of rising
 in their own self esteem
 but by lowering
 their neighbors.  "

William Hazlitt











" Am I foolish
 and insignificant 
or am I great? "

Sun Myung Moon










" There is nothing insignificant 
in the world. 

It all depends
 on the point of 
view.  "

Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe





 >< } } ( ° >





People often think
that the worlds of seniors
contract.
To younger people
this seems like
confinement.

But I believe
that as we grow
wiser
we extract more
of the incredible 
daily richness
of life.

Younger folks
need massive amounts
of raw material-
for they are building-

But we elders
are in the garden 
we have made;
all that straw
woven into
golden days. 

Thanks for your kind visit!
Your comment is appreciated

                          Warmly, cloudia

18 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Happy Thursday Cloudia. x

santastu said...

amen!

Hi Cloudia,
as usual the contents of your blog has food
for thought.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Even the Hawaiian flies are pretty!
With all the electronics these days, I wonder if today's youth will be looking more inward as they sit in the nursing home, earbuds plugged, stuck in their own little electric world...
I'd rather play in the meadow and on the beach, even if in a wide-tired wheelchair! DrumMajor

RONW said...

there was a fireworks display in your neighborhood little before 9pm.

the walking man said...

Do we ever really have enough straw or do we get to age such and so and stop weaving? Your being is continual source of straw so if we slow down the weaving, know it's only because the fingers have grown wiser as they slightly slowed.

Daryl said...

I refuse to get old ..

Charles Gramlich said...

Lovely thoughts.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The first quote is so true it makes a person want to cry!

TWO WEEKS!! good heavens you'd think it was coming by stagecoach haha! Looking forward to it arriving A LOT!!

Fireblossom said...

I know my life, as seen from outside, would seem terribly dull to a young person. But it isn't dull. I really have everything I need.

I finished a novel by Willa Cather today, and entered it in my book log. Seems I haven't read a book by a "C" author since...Cloudia Charters!

Hilary said...

That meadow image is just beautiful.

Windsmoke. said...

I refuse to think of myself as old :-).

Lori Skoog said...

I am one of those seniors and I like to think that I am living the life. One that is full every moment... It's interesting, the way we grow into this. Grace, humility, appreciation, giving.

There are some people out there who don't think they are going to ever be at this moment in time. They will get there...one day at a time.

As usual, you have brought together some very important thoughts.

Cloudia said...

Thank YOU
for lifting me UP!

Full-On-Forward said...

Sis- Your FLY is open!!! I LOVED IT!!!! Great post today.....as if there are ever any bad ones!

HFTEC,

J

21 Wits said...

Old, no time for that. There's too much fun left in the gardens of life, right? Enjoy your evening and catch a falling star!

Lisa said...

Incredible quotes.

I learn from the young so much more than from the old.

Lisa said...

Hello Cloudia :)

Cloudia said...

LOL!


JollY!