Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Children Observed

A   L   O   H   A  !

“ The soul should always stand
 ajar, 
ready to welcome
 the ecstatic experience.”

 Emily Dickinson















Look what I caught!

" The creative individual
 has the capacity to free himself 
from the web of social pressures 
in which the rest of us are caught.
 He is capable of 
questioning the assumptions
 that the rest of us 
accept.  "

John W. Gardner





















" The most remarkable thing 
about my mother
 is that for thirty years 
she served the family
 nothing but leftovers. 
The original meal
 has never been 
found.  "

Calvin Trillin




//> 


Thank YOU
for looking in 

                         Warmly, cloudia 

15 comments:

Akelamalu said...

" The most remarkable thing
about my mother
is that for thirty years
she served the family
nothing but leftovers.
The original meal
has never been
found. "

Calvin Trillin


That made me laugh!

the walking man said...

Yep

Hold my hand: a social worker's blog said...

We both were posting about children :-))

I laughed at the leftovers quote... hehehe

Thank you, Cloudia for visiting my blog, you didn't leave a comment, you left a poem! What a sweet message.

Doris

Dianne said...

one thing I do actually like about myself is that I never lost the child within me
she's alive and well :)

I love the Mom with a firm grasp on the collar of the deep sea explorer

Teresa said...

Love the picture of the boy in the pool and the quote about leftovers!! You rock, Cloudia!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Nice work my friend. Love the Calvin Trillin quote, there's nothing like left overs, bubble and squeak rules haha!

Pearl said...

And MY mother had us convinced that she actually LIKED the chicken neck...

:-)

Pearl

Jeannie said...

:)

Hilary said...

LOL at the leftovers quote and Pearl's comment. My mother did the same.

Mary Bergfeld said...

Calvin Trilling is a really funny man. I enjoyed your post today. It got my day off to a smiling start. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Shrinky said...

Sweet!

Bitch said...

Overboard.. very good picture!!
Greetings...

FilipBlog said...

Lucky they hold the kid by his pants, so close to the water.

Greetings,
Filip

Cloudia said...

Thanks friends

Isherwood Wildwalker said...

Even if experiencing the Ecstatic is close to edge of my boundary, I am thankful for the fear of falling over.

wanderoke.blogspot.com