Sunday, April 15, 2012

Let Them Be

A  L  O  H  A !

" The first step 
towards getting somewhere
 is to decide 
that you are not
 going to stay where you 
are.  "

Chauncey Depew












" When you do the
 common things in life 
in an uncommon way,
 you will command 
the attention of 
the world.  "

George Washington Carver











" -eyes without speaking 
confess the secrets
 of the heart. "

 Saint Jerome 















 " It is because of the 
love
of parents and others
that children 
are able to grow
and become
themselves. . . "

To give love
is to give the precious
gift of nothing,
space.
 To give love
is to let be. "

Herbert McCabe

<:::::::>

Which reminds me
of one of my favorite
stories:

A blogger
went to visit
a friend in the hospital.
The blogger fussed about,
spoke to the staff,
freshened up the room.

Finally,
the friend blurted out:
"Don't just DO something-
STAND there!"

In other words:
Don't try to fix me,
just BE for me,
be WITH me.


I want to thank YOU
for standing by
Comfort Spiral-
That's ME !


                             Warmly, cloudia


21 comments:

RONW said...

there's too much needed fixing around here to even worry about fixing somebody else's imperfections.

Dave King said...

right up to your usual standard.

Akelamalu said...

Fabulous pics as always Cloudia!

David Cranmer said...

I like Depew's quote. That was my sentiment when I decided to be a writer. Just do it!

Lynn said...

Love that rainbow. And your story at the end reminded me of when I was in the hospital for a few days and gave me insight into how to be a good hospital visitor.

Birdman said...

The 'eyes' have it. Always!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Loved Kitty, loved golden Hawaii, loved your words..It's annoying me so much that I haven't had five minutes to start the book yet, any day now!!

Charles Gramlich said...

good lesson. Sometimes just being there is the most important. I need to remember this for Lana.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Lovely Rainbow!
~

21 Wits said...

Sometimes to sit with a friend and listen to the unspoken words between them, is all that needs to be said! Thinking happy thoughts, Karen

Hilary said...

Beautiful as always, Cloudia. Sometimes it's difficult to keep from wanting to DO something but this is a good reminder that it's not always what's needed.

SandyCarlson said...

These words are so true, sweet, beautiful. Thank you.

Green Monkey said...

yes... don't try to change me, just accept me for who I am, where I am, and how I got here. Lovely as always Cloudia!

Pia said...

I like the first quote very much but all combinations are true. Well done!

Liebe Grüße,
Pia

Teresa said...

Love the story and the eloquent eyes of Miss Kitty!

tattytiara said...

That first quote just screams at me these days - in a very good and productive way!

Anonymous said...

reason of being, what challenge, what comfort in its possibilities.

first two pictures are awesome.

please have a good new week ahead.


daily athens photo

Elephant's Child said...

Another most excellent post. Thank you.

Windsmoke. said...

Bonza photos and the quote by Chauncey Depew :-).

Fireblossom said...

*sits quietly*

;-)

Cloudia said...

sincere thanks, each of YOU
for the thrill I get reading your thoughts.