Saturday, June 9, 2012

Mates in Motion

A  L  O  H  A !
Click Upon These Photos for LUCK

“Live not for Battles Won.
Live not for
 The-End-of-the-Song.
Live in the
 along.”

 Gwendolyn Brooks













“ What lies behind us 
and what lies before us
 are tiny matters 
compared to what lies 
within us ”

 Ralph Waldo Emerson














" There's nothing I value
 more
 than the closeness of friends
 and family,
 a smile
 as I pass
 someone on the street. "

Willie Stargell




 (*)>
/ )
/"  


This morning out on my lanai
(the Hawaiian word for a porch,or balcony)
I noticed the white doves that live around
Ala Moana Park
 playingFlying with:
 the light,
the updraft,
and each other
beneath my 33 floor perch.

My [blog invisible] husband
had just left for the day.
Thoughts of how some birds mate
for life made me reflect
upon OUR seasons
together.

I enjoyed it so much, that I wrote this poem.
Or it would be truer to say
this poem wrote itself
with my pen, and to my delight.
Hope YOU like it:

 <>[}{]<>



" POEM"
 

Lucky are we who are blessed
(not cursed)
to be in a pair.

Especially the match
of lone-wolves,
 exceedingly rare.

Today I watched
the morning white birds
at play in the up-drafts
this building must birth-

Around anti-clockwise
again and again
thrilling harmony,
avian friends!

Their joy at one
with Waikiki-
mountains, fragrance,
excited people,
Aloha, 
the sea.

I must have watched them
the length of a song
engaging sight,
but more beautiful
thoughts.

Till they flew off
together
beyond the canal-

  I lost sight of them,
still wingtip
to wingtip,
among the trees
on the other side.


Thanks for perching here to share my view
Take away Peace - Leave Your Comment


                           Warmly, cloudia




19 comments:

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Not a proper way to wash the cae but it gets it done !

Cloudy said...

Your beautiful photos hit me. Fantastic!!!

Servus and have a nice day
CL

Charles Gramlich said...

The match of lone wolves. Sounds like Lana and me as well!

Myrna R. said...

Such a lovely poem Cloudia. It made me stop a moment to appreciate my hubby, our connection, how it's indelible in the writings of fate.

Ahhhhh. I'm enjoying the weekend. Hope you are too.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it might be time to re-think time and life. Wonderful message from the dove. Thank you for the inspiration. Please have a good Sunday you all.

Elephant's Child said...

So glad that you found your matching wolf. So appreciate that you shared the joy.

Rick said...

Love the quote by Gwendolyn Brooks - kinda like trying to live consciously. Very nice for that poem to write itself with your pen ;>)

Aloha Cloudia.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Now that's what I call a poem Cloudia, mine is much more silly now haha! 33 stories up, oh my I think I may have a few height issues with that, although I'm glad you're there so we can see the fabulous sunrises and sunsets you show us. Hope that you're having a fab weekend.

Hilary said...

Aww that's lovely. It made my heart take flight. :)

Cloudia said...

Thank you generous friends!

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely poem! And beautiful photos too... Have a wonderful day.

Dena said...

Beautiful!!
While I have no life partner at this time, I feel a powerful loving connection to the natural world. I don't know what my future may hold, but my present is deeply satisfying.
Aloha and thank you for adding beauty to it...

Bob Bushell said...

That was a serene moment, ta.

Dave King said...

Enjoyed this post. Photos and poem. Thanks for both.

Fernando Santos (Chana) said...

Belas fotografias...Espectacular....
Cumprimentos

Giga said...

Zdjęcia jak zawsze bardzo ładne, a cytat drugi jest dla mnie wspaniały i prawdziwy.Twój wiersz jest bardzo ciekawy. Pozdrawiam.
Photos as always very nice, and the second quote is for me a wonderful and true. Your poem is very interesting. Yours.

Carole M. said...

great to see photos from your side of the world too Claudia and interesting commentary

irinapictures said...

Yes! I see that sun is shining at Hawaii and wise Cloudia rules the little paradise. Feels so good and so right.

Reader Wil said...

From melting, hot Australia I send you my thoughts! Thanks for your visit!