Sunday, June 24, 2012

That Moon River

A L O H A !
Ebb Tide by Frank Chacksfield on Grooveshark

 "  There are a
thousand
T H O U S A N D
reasons to live
this life,
every one of them
Sufficient. "

Marilynne Robinson














" Grace
 has a grand laughter
 in it.”

  Marilynne Robinson









































 “The moon looks wonderful
 in this warm evening light,
 just as a candle flame 
looks beautiful
 in the light of morning.

 Light within light...

It seems to me
 to be a metaphor 
for the human soul, 
the singular light
 within that great
 general light
 of existence.”
 
Marilynne Robinson












" A ship's engine
 far away on the water 
expands the summer-night horizon. 

Both joy and sorrow 
swell 
in the dew's magnifying glass. 

Without really knowing,
 we divine; 
our life has a sister ship, 
 following quietly 
another route. 

While the sun 
blazes behind the islands.  "

Tomas Transtromer

   ><}}(°>


 Thank YOU
for your visit.

Hope YOU found
something you didn't know
that YOU were
looking for.

Leave your comment;
a simple 'Hello' there
is a further
gift.


                            Warmly, cloudia






  "It calms me down right away,
 the quietness 
and the proud look of it;
nothing very bad 
could happen to you there. . . . "    Holly Golightly

21 comments:

Lynn said...

Marilynne Robinson - a great lady, like you. Love the quotes!

DeniseinVA said...

Wonderful quotes, wonderful photos. Beautiful Hawaiian skies, does the soul good!

SandyCarlson said...

This starts my Sunday off just right! Thank you.

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

Thanks for reminding !

Bob Bushell said...

Lovely pictures.

Anonymous said...

Were you on the ROOF to get the cloudy previous pics without a building? I like today's pic with the building rippling back the sun. How's that done? You must be flying off your lanai. DrumMajor

Fireblossom said...

That sunset is gorgeous.

La sonrisa de Hiperion said...

Preciosas todas las fotos de tu blog, un placer haberme pasado por aquí.

Saludos y feliz tarde de domingo.

Myrna R. said...

What wonderful quotes. One thing I didn't know - I didn't know Marlynne Robinson. I must get to know her.

Happy Sunday.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The views from your balcony are breathtaking Cloudia, I can just tell you are as happy as an eagle high up in its eyrie surveying the world below. I hope you are having a fab weekend, I just went into Monday in Perth haha!

Charles Gramlich said...

Light within light, and inside that, life!

Akelamalu said...

Lovely quotes to go with the equally lovely pics Cloudia. x

Vagabonde said...

You show such beautiful skies – I think if someone is depressed, just looking at the beautiful colors of the sky can give much peace.

Anonymous said...

The first quote surely something I wasn't looking for - thank you very much !

Hello.

Please have a good new week ahead.

21 Wits said...

I got to feel the magic of Cloudia! Wonderful feel-good quotes! Enjoying it all- Karen :)

Erika said...

Thanks for the music that I like very much. The colors of your shots are wonderful. A big hug from Italia.

Carol said...

Thank you for reminding me about her, I don't think that I've ever read her but her name comes up from time to time. I've been imagining you as I am reading a whodunit placed in Hawaii and also the book by the Ultraman, Rich Roll, who has run, biked, swam the contests in your fair state.

Cloudia said...

YOU,

Each of YOU


are jewels and treasures in my life.



Thanks BIG time!

Commander Zaius said...

Great quotes, especially the first one.

Rick said...

Ah, I came to see some marvelous photos and take in some inspirational quotes and I have not left disappointed.

Aloha, Cloudia !

Kay said...

I hope you had a wonderful weekend, Cloudia. It's another glorious week ahead. I hope.