Thursday, June 28, 2012

VOLANT :

 Moving Lightly; Nimble. 

A  L  O  H  A !


" Myths 
which are believed in
 tend
 to become
 true. "

George Orwell

 

















"  Good writing 
is like a 
windowpane. "

George Orwell





















 " Representation of the world,
 like the world itself, 
is the work of men; 
they describe it
 from their own point of view, 
which they confuse 
with the 
absolute truth.  "

Simone de Beauvoir






























 " Nothing
 other people do
 is because
 of you.
 It is because 
of themselves. "

Don Miguel Ruiz













 " The way we negotiate 
anxiety 
plays no small part
 in shaping
 our lives 
and character. "

Gordon Marino

















 " As I get older,
 I get smaller.
 I see other parts 
of the world
 I didn't see before. 
Other points of view. 
I see outside myself
 more.  "

Neil Young












" All objects lose 
by too familiar 
a view.  "

John Dryden


















" Nothing's beautiful 
from every 
point of view.  "

Horace



     >  <  }  }  ( ° >

It was late,
the house was quiet.
Looking into a cooking pot
[ yes, it is a stainless steel pot ]
I saw the rainbow,
worlds in worlds,
and wondered
if
my camera could
show You
what I glimpsed.

Yes,
it is a pot.


Thank YOU
for looking in.

Even the briefest "hello" 
in comments
is another Gift !

                          Warmly, cloudia



21 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Oh my gosh, I have just been looking at some pretty colorful photos of what is out there in space, and my first thought was that these were ones looking through a telescope. Your photos are clever and creative and I would never have guessed. Great shots of the rainbows in your cooking pot, and you picked out more wonderful quotes.

Betty Manousos said...

aloha and i really like those artsy images!

great quotes to live by, too.

my warmest alohaaa!!!

Akelamalu said...

Oooh it's like an art exhibition here today Cloudia. :)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Beauty can be found in the most unexpected of places Cloudia, well spotted indeed!!

Anonymous said...

So, was dinner ready on time? "Watch the pot, and it never boils," holds true if you're being creative with the cool colors. If dinner was late, try a little less wine while preparing dinner....tee hee, Aloha, DrumMajor

Full-On-Forward said...

Thank you for a Journey into Pot! Seriously Sis--I really enjoyed the post. Thanks for sharing this point of view!

J

Charles Gramlich said...

Good writing is like a windowpane. though I like that quote I don't agree with it.

Cloudia said...

Interesting, Charles. You think writing should draw attention to itself? Hmmmm. I'll have to thing about that. . .


Thanks dear friends!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this pot, and the thoughtful quotes, especially the one of Don Miguel Ruiz and Simone de Beauvoir.
Please have you all a good Friday.

Cloudia said...

thank YOU Robert

magiceye said...

:) peace

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!!

Tammie Lee said...

beautiful post!

Anonymous said...

How clever and insightful. At first I thought I was seeing flowers.

So lovely.

Bob Bushell said...

Superb the psyeadelic pictures and I like the George Orwell quotes, and Neil Young of course.

The Weaver of Grass said...

I have never seen the colours of the rainbow in a cooking pot before Cloudia.

Dianne said...

brilliant!
I love when people see something ordinary in a brand new way
you've invented pot art!

Hilary said...

Very cool how you played with it. Amazing how pot makes those colours pop. ;)

Full-On-Forward said...

Hey Sis-- why does my comment- "Thank" you word show up as a link? I also noticed it on several other blogs and Charles "window" did the same thing? Is this something I can change- a new form of Spam/advertising?

I don't want it!

J

Full-On-Forward said...

Hey Sis-- why does my comment- "Thank" you word show up as a link? I also noticed it on several other blogs and Charles "window" did the same thing? Is this something I can change- a new form of Spam/advertising?

I don't want it!

J

Cloudia said...

don't know, John-


Thanks friends

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.