Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Gift of Pessimism

A  L  O  H  A !

" To be always
 fortunate,
and to
 pass through life
 with a soul
 that has never
 known
sorrow,
 is to be 
ignorant
 of one half 
of nature. "

    Seneca








“ If you have
 a garden
 and a library,
 you have 
everything 
you need. ”
 
Marcus Tullius Cicero






" Beautiful sunsets
 need 
Cloudy Skies. "

 Paulo Coelho



0        0
/+\=:=/+\





Disclaimer:
Pessimism can poison
your entire life.

 

BUT
when you have come up
like I have:
expecting
- often receiving -
FAR from life's
 best;

When things have
been
very difficult,
and survival
 the paramount
virtue,
year
after year;

Well,
what other people
consider
"just normal stuff"
like hot water,
a place to cook,
great weather,
love & care
in place of
neglect
(and worse)
enough
to pay the bills

- that
 "normal stuff"
is received
with grateful
delight.

Nuclear war
didn't happen.

I didn't die
young.

I've been
happily married
for 25 years.

B I N G O !

Looks like winning
to me.

And to those
who had magical
childhoods,
who never really
feared,
lost a friend,
or went hungry:

You have my
 condolences.

And this parting
gift:
One day
YOU
will be
No More.

So take
a "get real"
pill
if you need to,
and stop worrying
about tomorrow.

You already
are a winner-
just collect,
and enjoy
Your Winnings!

Comment?
Yes Please! 

         Warmly, cloudia

31 comments:

Giga said...

Zdjęcia są śliczne,a drugi cytat wspaniały. Pozdrawiam.
The pictures are beautiful, and another wonderful quote. Yours.

Couture Carrie said...

Beautiful pics and quotes, darling C!

xoxox,
CC

the walking man said...

Ha ha hahahahahahaha Once again bud! I left you a prop at TWM. Yes, before I read this.

Birdman said...

I have gardens... I have good books. I have it made in life.

FilipBlog said...

The second picture is great with all the yellow flowers.

Greetings,
Filip

Joop Zand said...

Lovely pictures Cloudia..... very well done.

greetings from Holland, Joop

Akannie said...

Very well said, my dear Cloudia !!

You and I are sisters...Because of the life I have had, I am grateful to see the beauty around me and ever vigilant about all the small things.

mermaid gallery said...

I'm with you on this one......life is sweet.....but it was a hard grunt too....makes it even sweeter!

Akelamalu said...

It's always good to count one's blessings. xx

G-Man said...

If you have a Garden
A Library
Some reading glasses
And a Cheeseburger...
You have all you need!

Galen G-Man Haynes

gabrielle said...

Having been raised by survivors, I have always felt survival is just the beginning of blooming.
What a beautiful garden you have, Cloudia!

Teresa said...

Congrats on the 25 years of marriage. I love the quotes and pictures, and I totally agree with you. The simple, ordinary things are the biggest blessings!

Daryl said...

Aloha! As always the best combo of foto/quote and personal insight

TexWisGirl said...

i like that opening quote. goes very well with the perspective and balance you have given us.

who said...

I tried to ween myself off of using hot water just during summer, knowing I wouldn't make it through winter but only lasted 4 days. But now I am no longer afraid of cars with personalized license plates.

But yes, there are aspects in life that are never appreciated until things go wrong or they are no longer there.

'Tsuki said...

Paolo Coelho is so wrong... He should have said :

"Beautiful sunsets
need
Cloudia to take immortalize them"

:D

Friko said...

You have books and a look upon flowers, what more do you want.
What was, was, now is the only time.

Brian Miller said...

smiles...it is def all about perspective and sometimes we need to be reminded of all the good things too...smiles...


aloha from va!

bobbybegood1 said...

YOU ARE DEAD ON THE MONEY, HONEY. WONDERFUL POST. Cheers!!

Cloudia said...

LOL!


I LOVE THIS-

Thank YOU each so much

Kay said...

My mother went through hell during her young adult life. So now... everything is great and she's happy as a clam in a non polluted sea.

Cloudia said...

I'm so very happy for her, Kay

SandyCarlson said...

I hear you! Sometimes we need to insist on struggling to better appreciate life. To go for more, to insist....

Charles Gramlich said...

There are, I have found, various levels of sorrow.

magiceye said...

Cheers!!

namaste /\ from mumbai
aloha!!

Bob Bushell said...

Nice quotes and photos. The last bit is good, more of it.

Elephant's Child said...

The Cicero quote has my vote - for its elegance and its truth. Thank you.

Hilary said...

Beautiful photos as always, Cloudia and a fine reminder to those of us who sometimes veer toward negativity.

Now if only I hadn't misread the post title, I'd stop looking for the persimmons. ;)

Jenn Jilks said...

You always have wonderful posts.
We are coming up to our 10th anniversary next week. I am on my 2nd hubby, I am his 3rd wife. We feel so lucky and grateful.
Hugs, sistah!

Cloudia said...

bless you my friends. thank you very much

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It happens so often that people don't realize that it's the simple things in life that make it rich. Super post Cloudia.