Sunday, February 18, 2018

Where's Cloudia?

A  L  O  H  A !
Manoa Valley, Oahu Hawaii. Got my university
degree down there at UH.

"My father considered 
a walk among the mountains as 
the equivalent of churchgoing." 
                        Aldous Huxley









Waikiki Dawn. See the birds and the tourists?

"I welcome this new day.  
It is a gift to me, 
a new creation, a promise 
of resurrection. . .
I salute the Sun, the Earth, 
the Seas, and the Sky.
I am thankful for being 
alive this morning."
             Ceisiwr Serith


Grant's Sunset Reflection: Honolulu

"Life is short. We don't 
have much time to 
gladden the hearts of 
those who walk this 
way with us. So, 
be swift to love and 
make haste to be kind.”
             Henri-Frederic Amiel







A strange journey of which both legs were homeward bound. Yes. 
I went home to Honolulu
for a few days and it was magical!
The friends, the places and skies
and mountains that also
are my friends; They all
greeted me beautifully.

From Chinese Temples (And Shinto)
at Lunar New Year of the 
Brown Earth Dog,
to family, to food,
music and so much more!

I was even invited into
Iolani Palace- which I
can't wait to show you.

Returning to San Francisco
International Airport, I capped
off my adventure by meeting one
of my dearest, favorite-est
authors: Armistead Maupin,
whose Tails of the City [Link] helped
define my young life, San Francisco
in a special time, and stands as 
cherished to so many, many people!

Best of all, I'm back here
with YOU! We have so much
to share in the days ahead.
ALOHA, means:
"I love You"
And so we continue:
sharing what matters,
TOGETHER.

Linking to:

ꦈꦈꦈꦈꦈꦈꦈꦈꦈꦈꦈꦈꦈꦈꦈꦈꦈ꧍

Thank YOU
Friend!
             Fondly, cloudia

11 comments:

Mike said...

Huxley nailed it.

biebkriebels said...

That first photo looks great, such a nice view over the green mountains.

Duckbutt said...

I'm so glad it was a great, invigorating trip! Welcome back!

Teresa said...

Glad you're safely home and that you had a wonderful trip. That sunset reflection shot is amazing!

Charles Gramlich said...

Glad you got a trip home in!

RedPat said...

Sounds like you had a successful trip, Cloudia!

William Kendall said...

It sounds like you had a good time. I agree with Huxley's dad.

Cloudia said...

So great seeing each of you!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Aldous Hxley was the grandson of William Henry Huxley, Charles Darwin's defender.

Linda said...

Sounds like a great trip. Love the beach at dawn image.

Sami said...

Great photos Cloudia and the mural is very cute.