Monday, January 6, 2020

Living Longer

A   L   O   H   A  !
By the time we are 70, 
we have all had more tragedy 
and more bliss in our lives than 
we could have foreseen. 
If we are wise, we realize that we are but one
drop in the great river we call life and that it has 
been a miracle and a privilege to be alive.

           Mary Pipher








Guides come when you're ready to listen; 
no eBay or Amazon link will fetch them. 
You need to invite, not pursue.

       Helen S. Rosenau

Bless military people & families!
They do not decide. They carry out.
Spare a thought - or more - for 
what they offer and at what cost!







North Beach, San Francisco
It is the least privileged, 
not the most, who excel 
in appreciating the 
smallest of offerings.

          Mary Pipher







A Honolulu Mural for Monday

I so appreciate your visit!

Links:
Travel Tuesday




I have decided not to "Age"
Rather, I am simply going to
Live Longer.

Look! I'm Doing It!

I never took the main road,
or the main gate,
and I'm not going to
start now. You?

Love,
                  cloudia

18 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

It is the least privileged,
not the most, who excel
in appreciating the
smallest of offerings.
How true it is. And the are also often the very first to pass the kindness on and pay it forward.

Kay said...

I am 70 this year and I am grateful for the privilege. Happy New Year, Cloudia.

rupam sarma said...

So nice post.

ashok said...

Beautiful post

Sandi said...

"...that it has been a miracle and a privilege to be alive."

It really is. Each one of us is miraculously here.

RedPat said...

I will live longer too! ;-)

Sandee said...

I'm thankful for each day that I wake up to enjoy another day. Life is most precious.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. ♥

Cloudia said...

Wonderful comments. I appreciate each of you dear friends

Mike said...

At 73 I figure if I make it to 80 I've beaten the system. Everything past that is bonus time. My Grandfather on my Dad's side made to 84 so I have a chance.

Meditations in Motion said...

Guides come when you are ready for them. So true! Every day is a priviledge and an adventure.

William Kendall said...

These are wonderful takes.

Cloudia said...

I wish each of you many happy years ahead; Appreciate YOU!

Mae Travels said...

Black and white murals can be amazing. I love your choice for today.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

John A Hill said...

Great quotes today!
Thanks for sharing some wisdom and inspiration.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Lovely photos to accompany beautiful quotes.

That mural was eye catching. There was one figure in the bottom center that reminded me of those cartoon characters that had been in Mad Magazine. That mural was a conversation starter. Hope you had a great New Year, Cloudia.

Sami said...

Great mural and quotes Cloudia. Thanks for participating

Tanya Breese said...

Very nice 🙂

21 Wits said...

I agree, off the beaten path is the way to travel as often as possible! Praying for all the service folks and including those in Australia such hard times for so many from our shores to those abroad. Aloha.