Saturday, July 10, 2021

Morning Light Honolulu

A L O H A From Honolulu!



It is early, early morning.

It's that time when it's

still dark but you know

the day is coming.

Blue is bleeding

through black.

Stars are dying.

Markus Zusak






So I find words I never 

thought to speak

In streets I never thought 

I should revisit

When I left my body 

on a distant shore.

T.S. Eliot













During 4 California years,

these are the streets, Trees,

Light, Smells, Sights, and people 

I dreamt of. . . .













Back Door













1916

Hawaii's Queen, Liliuokalani 
was alive
when this was laid.

I walked over it today.

This illustrates the times frame of
our culture and history in the islands.

Driving my taxi here in Honolulu
in the mid 1980s,
I drove a dignified older gentleman
who told me how the Queen
worked in her garden, smoking
small cigars, and graciously
greeting the school children
as they passed, 

Such he had been:
A schoolboy 
who knew a Queen.

The Hawaiian Kingdom
is not merely historic.









For a dark street,

sunshine is most welcome;

for a wounded soul,

love is most welcome!

Mehmet Murat ildan









She is yellow, I'm all blue...

It's ok! What can I do!?

 Liviu C. Tudose








I would never date a lizard OR gecko
 or whatever that thing is.
Keep moving up the wall, buddy,
I'm too yellow for YOU!



Ô, Sunlight! 

The most precious gold 

to be found on Earth.

Roman Payne




𐋌𐋍𐋌𐋍𐋌𐋍𐋌𐋍𐋌𐋍𐋐
Love You - Good Luck,
Pixie & Cloudia





Click on photo to see the darker side.

Linking to



10 comments:

Teresa said...

Does Pixie hunt lizards or geckos, or does she just not like them in her royal presence? That last shot with the light side and the dark side of Honolulu is really cool. I also loved the stories of the Queen of Hawaii!

Elephant's Child said...

I am so glad that you were able to come home.

Mike said...

I look at trees like the one in front of the building and wonder how they survive with their roots basically concreted over.

Cloudia said...

ALOHA Dears ❤️

rupam sarma said...

Amazing shots :)
Greetings

eileeninmd said...

Hello Cloudia,
Beautiful views, I love the shadows in the first photo.
The trees and flowers are a lovely sight.
Cute photos of the Gecko/lizard and sweet Pixie.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, you are a light. Enjoy your weekend! PS, thank you for being a blogging friend and for the comment today and on all past visits.

Shiju Sugunan said...

All great shots!

This week's post



RedPat said...

You have found home.

Rain said...

Beautiful photos Cloudia, and I do love that story about the Queen! :)

William Kendall said...

Pixie is very wary of that lizard.