Monday, August 16, 2021

Oldest Therapy

A L O H A From Honolulu!

Closed \ Open Windows
If the doors of perception 
were cleansed, everything 
would appear as it is, 
Infinite. 

 William Blake





People need to rediscover 
the ability to find comfort 
amidst discomfort.

  Hanno Langenhoven






Often a star
was waiting for you to notice it. 
A wave rolled toward you
out of the distant path, 
or as you walked
under an open window, 
a violin yielded itself 
to your hearing. 
All this was mission.

 Rainer Maria Rilke







Cheilocostus speciosus, or crêpe ginger

The urge to transcend 
self-conscious self-hood is
a principal appetite 
of the soul.

 Aldous Huxley
    The Doors of Perception













And Of Course:

COFFEE! 
Yes









Opportunities to find 
deeper powers within ourselves
come when life seems 
most challenging.

Joseph Campbell



ᔎᔎᔎᔎᔎᔎᔎᔘᔙᔚᔛᔜ
Love You - All The Best!
Cloudia & Pixie


Links:



Hawaiian Voyaging Canoes


Whew! Glad I got this done before the mushrooms kicked in.
Oh Wait:


19 comments:

Teresa said...

Love the shots of clouds and sun! The mural of the Hawaiin canoes is glorious. Pixie's secret power is sleeping some more. She is beautiful like this blog.

Elephant's Child said...

Love the flexible, beautiful Pixie.
Sadly coffee is a closed door to me now - though I can (and do) still enjoy the aroma.

Cloudia said...

You are my sisters.

Arun Goyal said...

Beautiful post, I loved your Ginger lily blooms. Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

ayala said...

I love it all!

Sami said...

Lovely photos Cloudia. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

RedPat said...

Love the beach shot! And the sleeping Pixie. ;-)

Friko said...

Ah, Rilke; no one comes close.

DeniseinVA said...

Wonderful! Thank you for my daily dose of beauty and wise :)

Cloudia said...

Truly. Each of you brings a charge of fellowship joy which Pixie and I value so much. Mahalo

Sandee said...

Love all the graphics and the quotes. The best part is Pixie.

Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Scritches to Pixie. ♥

William Kendall said...

Pixie looks thoroughly comfortable.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The ginger lily blooms are incredible as are all the lovely quotes. I want to visit that coffee bar and get some Kona coffee and maybe one of those hats. Thanks for sharing them with us for T this week, dear Cloudia (and Pixie, too).

That mural of the canoes is beautiful. I'm sure it was difficult to paint on that corrugated canvas!

Lydia C. Lee said...

That Lagnehoven quote is exactly what you need in lockdown. I hear you guys are having to bring back some restrictions and I read about the fires. I'm truly sorry for both. It's a crazy world we're in at the moment. Here's hoping both are under control asap for you.

Kay said...

Gosh! I can't remember seeing a crepe ginger before. I wonder if it has a smell.

NCSue said...

Your kitty is so pretty, and the ginger lily is amazing.
Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/08/warm-strawberry-puff.html

Caro G said...

Tha Huxley quote could be my mantra. The crepe ginger is lovely & exotic.

The Padre said...

Eyes Wide Open - Share That Beautiful Landscape - Be Well

Cheers

Rambling Woods said...

I am a huge coffee fan...lovely photos and quotes...Michelle