Friday, April 8, 2022

Gilded Spiral Within

A L O H A From Honolulu!
Worry is
digging a hole
where no hole
was before.
Stop Digging!



The gilded spiral
Of longings within.
Our very own
cathedral
That points
persistently to
heaven.
Scott Hastie





Only the strong
can be gentle.







Choir
Then the singing
enveloped me.
It was furry and
resonant, coming
from everyone's very heart.
There was no sense of
performance or judgment,
only that the music was
breath and food.
Anne Lamott






Senna alexandrina is an ornamental plant in the genus Senna. It is used in herbalism. It grows natively in upper Egypt, especially in the Nubian region, and near Khartoum, where it is cultivated commercially. It is also grown elsewhere, notably in India and Somalia. Wikipedia





Order without liberty
and liberty without
order are
equally destructive.
  Theodore Roosevelt




After a day's walk
everything has twice
its usual value.
George Macaulay Trevelyan

ⰮⰮⰮⰮⰮⰮⰮ
Love You,
 Pixie & Cloudia
.

Links

Weekend Reflections & Street Photography

Jaipur Garden Affair

Skywatch

Floral Friday

Feline Friday




YOKOHAMA SPECIE BANK BUILDING
908 Bethel Street Honolulu
Opened: 1908
Architect: Harry Livingston Kerr
Style: Classical

14 comments:

Teresa said...

The wave shot and the golden sky shot are sublime! Pixie is listening hard to the furry music of your blog. :)

Elephant's Child said...

That first quote is spot on - and something I need to remember.

Mike said...

The surfboard blends into the background so well that I totally missed it at first.

Cloudia said...

Thanks Charming Friends

Rostrose said...

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I hope the knowledge of the Hawaiian people of old related to building huge fish ponds has been preserved!
Yes, my posts are always quite detailed ;-) I usually only post once a week and most of my readers take my posts like newspapers: some read a little bit every day, some all at once while enjoying a coffee break, some pick a topic that particularly interests them, some just look at the pictures ;-))
I looked at your pictures and read the quotes, all of which I really liked. I assume Pixie is your cat? Please stroke her gently from me. (In the current post you can see our old cat Nina, she is almost 19 and has been blind for about 2 years...)
All the best and happy Weekend!
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/04/marz-rückblick-bad-voslau-und-mein.html

Sandi said...

Beautiful!

RedPat said...

Finding holes is a problem for me. That is a great quote.

Kathe W. said...

Splendid quotes to go with the gorgeous photos!

Sandee said...

Love all the quotes and I always love to see pictures from Hawaii. So warm and colorful. Then there is beautiful Pixie.

Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

Have a purrfect Feline Friday and weekend. Scritches to Pixie. ♥

William Kendall said...

Teddy Roosevelt was quite correct.

Great wave action in that first shot.

Light and Voices said...

Greetings and Salutations! My husband, John, had his right hip operated on then was transferred to rehab and now is home. I discovered that he is taking senna, a herb mentioned on your blog. It is a round, red pill which helps him have a bowel movement. Powerful drug! Hug Pixie for me. Always a pleasure looking at your photographs and reading your quotes. Take care.

Jim said...

Great.

s.c said...

Nice one with a good quote. Sometimes I try to remember them but it is an impossible task. Still good to see.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Stop digging indeed!