Tuesday, April 12, 2022

The Game Sweeping the World

Normal Aging OR Pandemic?!
A L O H A From Honolulu!
Every contraction
is naturally followed
by an expansion;
every time you feel
your heart shrivel
be confident that
it will blossom in turn.
   Rumi



Yesterday, after slowly re-entering
the world of people,
I went to the Park on a
busy Sunday Afternoon!
Local residents flock there.
It is near, but not really IN Waikiki.
I resisted the whole way.
It seemed far from
the comfort of home.

Why?

Because of Pandemic Brain
OR
Normal Aging?





Family Gatherings with food are
 a big part of Hawaii culture.
Being locked down was hard.
The cultural mix of sights, smells,
and people, in the
park is intoxicating!
A brief video below will
take you to the scene!





I'll affect you slowly
as if you were having
a picnic in a dream.
There will be no ants.
It won't rain. 
  Richard Brautigan












Freedom is the right
to one's dignity.
Archibald MacLeish



The presence of
a single bird can
change everything
for one who
appreciates them.
   Julie Zickefoose



I pray to the birds
because they remind me
of what I love rather
than what I fear.
And at the end
of my prayers,
they teach me
how to listen.
Terry Tempest Williams





The sound of birds
stops the noise
in my mind.
  Carly Simon










Every moment is

a golden one for

those who have the

vision to recognize

it as such.

   Henry Miller


ᔎᔏᔐᔑᔒᔜᔛᔚᔘᔍ

Let's Grab Gold!
You In?
Cloudia & Pixie

.

Travel Tuesday 

Happy Tuesday 

Pictorial Tuesday 

My Corner Of The World

Wild Bird Wednesday







16 comments:

Teresa said...

Pixie's heart blossoms even when she is shut up in an apartment.

Mike said...

Normal aging AND pandemic.

Very nice shot of the pavilion. Next time zoom way in. I'd like to check out the construction a little closer.

Cloudia said...

You are Pixie's favorite, T.

Sure Mike. You rock!

Elephant's Child said...

I am glad that you got out. Terry Tempest Williams and Rumi always speak to and for me.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Beautiful images, I love the flowers, Pixie and the bird photos. Great quotes.
It seems like Covid cases are going back up here again, take care and stay safe.
Take care, have a great day and week ahead!

John A Hill said...

Oh, there are lots of people at the park! Even without actually interacting with them, I probably wouldn't find it too relaxing. I think I'm a bit of an empath and all of those energy vibes would be disturbing.

William Kendall said...

Pixie looks, as ever, quite relaxed.

RedPat said...

I find that I feel nervous around a lot of people or even a few people if they are too close. I think it is pandemic.
Loved seeing the Richard Brautigan quote - it brought back fond memories of his books.

magiceye said...

Amazing captures today!

Cloudia said...

Thanks so much dear friends ♥️

Sandee said...

Love the flowers and that bird. Beautiful. I always love seeing Pixie. What a beautiful pose.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Scritches to Pixie. ♥

Kym said...

such a pretty photo of your cat - and I love the vivid flowers!

A Cuban In London said...

Gorgeous pictures. I understand the anxiety. That's Covid for you. Stay well. Stay safe.

Greetings from London.

Peabea Scribbles said...

Love the bird in flight photos. Glad things are calming so you can get out and about.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Cloudia,:=) Lovely atmosphere in the park, but I understand your desire not to wander too far, and at least you got some fresh air and had a walk, which is also important. Covid has made many people anxious, myself included. Lovely shots of the bird, flowers, and Pixie.
Take care, and safe.

Yvonne said...

I know people act as if Covid isn't here, but it still is. I'm old and cautious, so although I've eaten out for breakfast a few times, I still prefer to eat at home. Pixie is wiser than words can express. I think most cats are :)