Friday, June 10, 2022

Unexpected Element

A L O H A From Honolulu!
We all have an
unsuspected reserve of
strength inside that
emerges when life
puts us to the test.
Isabel Allende



Cana Lily, Canna indica, Indian shot

You will do
foolish things, but do them
with enthusiasm.
Colette



Walk as if you are
kissing the Earth
with your feet.
 Thich Nhat Hanh







Yellow Hibiscus

Politeness is the

flower of humanity.

Joseph Joubert 








Hibiscus Tiliaceus tree flower

Gratitude gilds everything

like sunshine



Cana Lily, Canna indica, Indian shot, seed pods

Drink your tea slowly
and reverently, as if
it is the axis on which
the world earth revolves
–slowly, evenly, without
rushing toward the future.
Thich Nhat Hanh



Monkey Pod Tree Blossoms,
Samanea saman, also
sometimes known as
the rain tree,
is a species of flowering tree
in the pea family native to
Central and South America.
Wikipedia




Things are never as bleak as
they can sometimes seem.
There's always a twist,
an unexpected element.
Events ricochet they don't
proceed in an orderly
predictable fashion.
Stop catastrophizing
and start living. Oh Joy!


𐒊𐒊𐒊𐒊𐒊𐒊𐒊𐒊𐒊𐒊𐒊𐒊𐒐
Love You,
Cloudia & Pixie


Links 

18 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I have been glad of that unexpected strength but do wish that my reserves were not so thoroughly tested...

Teresa said...

I'm all for doing foolish things with enthusiasm. Pixie is napping with enthusiasm :)

Einari Sinappi said...

Pixie looks so relaxed. Nice to see her enjoying herself. Meow from Finland!

Light and Voices said...

I drink tea like a meditation now. I am grateful for running water. I listen to the sound of boiling water on the stove. I open the tea container and pick out which flavor. I smell the tea for five minutes steeping. And then the joy of drinking tea slowly, no hurry for I am retired. I wash and dry the cup and saucer. Then I see Pixie all relaxed and think of the word Joy. Each week I enjoy your quotes and photographs even more. Thank you.

Cloudia said...

Thanks Friends

eileeninmd said...

I love all the beautiful flowers and your cute Pixie.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

R's Rue said...

Your post is bringing joy. Thank you.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Aloha right back to you from Oklahoma!!

Beautiful photos and quotes you give us today!

magiceye said...

Delightful photos!

Cloudia said...

Great to see you both ☺️

Fundy Blue said...

Hi, Cloudia! I've looked at all the wonderful photographs that you have posted since last week's TAD post. I love your beautiful Waikiki area, and your pictures bring back so many familiar memories. I enjoyed the photos of your pretty cat.

In the previous post you asked the question, "When you were young, trying to find your way in life, there a book, a routine, devotional practice, or daily positive that really improved your life? You felt renewed, and promised yourself that you'd never forget this source, this treasure?"

For me, it was the love of my parents, siblings, and extended family. We moved a lot when I was growing up, and we lived in some very isolated areas. Their love was the constant in my life and remains so today.

Have a great weekend! Aloha!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Some wonderful quotes today, but it's that first photo that steals the show for me. Beautiful!!

Sandee said...

Politeness is the flower of humanity. Beautiful. So is Pixie.

Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

Have a purrfect Feline Friday and weekend. Scritches to Pixie. ♥

RedPat said...

I think I have used up most of my reserves but somehow I still struggle on.
I loved that Colette quote on Karen's blog and I'm glad you have passed it along to more people. I've copied it to my little stash of wonderful quotes mostly from you.

Mike said...

The Monkey Pod flowers look just like Mimosa flowers.

Jim said...

Beautiful.

riitta k said...

Such gorgeous floral photos, some plants are very exotic to me. Your kitty is adorable 💕 I have two kitties, now 9 months old and they bring so much joy to every day.

William Kendall said...

Lovely blooms.