Thursday, November 10, 2022

New Moment

A L O H A From Honolulu!


Flowers have spoken to me
more than I can tell
in written words.
They are the
hieroglyphics of angels,
loved by all men for
the beauty of their character,
though few can decipher
even fragments of their
meaning.
Lydia M. Child




New morning, new moment 
of miracles.
        Lailah Gifty Akita





Josh Green MD is our current Lieutenant Governor
and an Emergency Physician. He proved himself
as an effective leader being in charge of Hawaii's
#1 in USA covid response, He was on social
media explaining & sharing numbers and
news all day every day. He found
hard-to-get supplies; He was
everywhere meeting people and 
making it happen for us in an
uncertain times. He reassured
and he led.

He and his family became the target of our
SMALL minority of anti-vax types who dogged
him with virulent antisemitic attacks
including bullhorns all night outside his home.

The islands have been largely free of
the oldest hate and our tiny Jewish
population of the islands has had
an out-sized positive influence
including one recent (R) Governor
and the massive Weinberg Charities.

After enduring all that, and working
hard all day, he walked his
neighborhood in the early morning
hours, tearing down
antisemitic flyers before his young 
teen children could see them.

THEN he campaigned for Governor!

He has obvious Aloha for people,
and a broad humane intellect.
I am beyond happy today!



State Representative, Dist 24

(D) TAM, Adrian - 4,239 / 64.8%

(R) ANDERSON, Jillian T.- 2,010/ 30.7%

In Hawaii, we hold signs with our
candidates and wave at the drivers
on their way to and from work.
I got a lot of exercise with my
State Representative Adrian this cycle!

Thrilled that my young neighbor
has been Re- Elected!




I'm not a political animal,
I'm a curious animal.
Morgan Fairchild


ð–¡„ð–¡„ð–¡„ð–¡„ð–¡„ð–¡„ð–¡„ð–¡„ð–¡„ð–¡„ð–¡„ð–¡„ð–¡„ð–¡„ð–¡Ž
Love You,
Pixie & Cloudia

.

 Links

SkyWatch

Thankful!

Rain’s Thursday art date

Little Things Thursday

Floral Friday

I Like Thursday

Where the Wild Things Are


There are as many worlds 
as there are kinds of days, 
and as an opal changes 
its colors and its fire to
match the nature of a day, 
so do I.
    John Steinbeck



27 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

WONDERFUL election news. I am very, very happy for you (and Pixie).

Teresa said...

Pixie is thinking, "Elections are for the dogs. Bring me my crown!!! I rule by divine right (and catnip)!!" Glad your neighbor won!

eileeninmd said...

Congrats to the election winners, I am happy with our new governor too.
Love the moon shot, Pixie is always adorable.
Take care, have a great day!

RedPat said...

Sounds like the election turned out well for you.

Michelle said...

Glad to hear the election results turned out so well!

Cloudia said...

Thanks Dears

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

My heart goes out to your Dr. Green ... how awful, pointless and cruel. Ignorance abounds and it is inexcusable. I am glad you are active with your politics. Everyone should be aware of what we face if we don't get involved in a positive way. Loved this post ... love that you follow your heart . Stay safe, Claudia ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Lori Skoog said...

Yay! Good political news for you and all of Hawaii! To stand up is the right thing!
Skoog Farm

William Kendall said...

Pixie is pleased.

Rhodesia said...

Sounds like the election results are good for you well done to all concerned.
Thanks for your visit and very kind comment, much appreciated.
Have a good day, cheers Diane

Lydia C. Lee said...

That's terrible. Honestly, what is wrong with people? Grown adults behaving so infantile. I don't know what's become of people these days. (and thanks for joining #OneSmallThing but don't forget to comment)

Kenneth Cole Schneider said...

When people have no valid argument they resort to ad hominem attacks, so sad. I admire your activism for you favorite candidate. It certainly paid off.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Sounds like you have an awesome governor. We have his exact opposite in Oklahoma. He dropped all the protocols before any other state and tried to force the schools to not require masks. Just got re-elected by a huge margin.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Josh Green sounds like an inspiration. We need more people like him in leadership positions!

DeniseinVA said...

I am happy for you and congratulations to all. Where this hate comes from that makes people behave so abominably is beyond me.

carol l mckenna said...

Glad you are happy with your governor ~ Sweet kitty photo ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

LA Paylor said...

yea! glad to read about your Representative Tam and your new governor. Yea for him acting the way a person should, teaching us how to have grace under unfair hate and pressure. I love him for his actions! And you for telling us and sharing your beauty each week!
LeeAnna

enough hate.... let us choose kindness instead

Brian's Home Blog said...

Sounds like a lot of interesting things going on over at your place! Pixie, you're adorable! Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Photo Cache said...

Who is that sweet kitty?

Worth a Thousand Words

Mike said...

I follow the CDC and other government sites on FB. Any posts they make about making sure you get your shots brings the anti-vaxers out of the woodwork.

Jim said...

Good sky.

Michelle said...

Thank you for linking up!

Andree said...

Wow! It's not often you get such great election news anymore! Congratulations!!!

(I was gonna say that the first quote, "hieroglyphics of angels" was beautiful and reminded me of the Victorian language of flowers, but your election news got me all excited, too)

Andree said...

PS: forgot to say how I got your book today. And forgot to give Pixie scratches and a kiss.

Kay said...

I just read about Governor-Elect Green's wife today. Wow! She's an amazing person in her own right. How sad that we had such low voter turn out in Hawaii though.

Rain said...

Beautiful flowers! Oh how I would love to lie on that beach! It's getting chilly here now! ☺

DVArtist said...

Wonderful post. I am so glad your candidate won. Here in Oregon we had to vote for a new governor. I am thrilled that my Dem candidate won too. Have a great day today.